PSA: Are you about to buy a new turbo? You should wait.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I’ll price it out once this kit is released @zrk

so far there isn’t even any information about this new custom air box and inlet pipe
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
Thraxbert

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Shop time is rated in hours for this kind of project, not parts. If
When you install the turbo, you have to remove the airbox, downpipe, intake pipe, and chargepipe. All that shit has to come off. Then they have to put it all back. Like I said, URW won't charge you any different. Most shops won't. It's not more work, they're just putting on different pipes when they put it back together.

The labor for installing a turbo includes removing the airbox for example, you can't even get to the turbo without doing that. You can't remove the turbo without removing the charge pipe that's attached to it.
Truth. Turbo kit installs are usually billed as a single job inclusive of whatever parts need to go on, or billed at shop time. If the shop is trying to bill you for each piece, you really need to go somewhere else.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Shop time is rated in hours for this kind of project, not parts. If

Truth. Turbo kit installs are usually billed as a single job inclusive of whatever parts need to go on, or billed at shop time. If the shop is trying to bill you for each piece, you really need to go somewhere else.
I was just going to reply the same. Shops charge for time, not parts. @Mason is local to me, @Thraxbert, so I know this to be the case.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
I think its funny that this turbo kit is cheaper than some of the exhaust system manufacturers. I'm not saying anything bad about this kit just think it's funny you can get a turbo, exhaust manifold, Intake, and exhaust for the same price or cheaper as a titanium exhaust. Yes I know titanium is more expensive.

Akashugly

First Name
Akash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I cannot wait for the 6 port version to kit the market! If you ask me I think they have more to sell with the 6 port market since we are just getting ecu unlocks

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Remnant Performance is destroying the Supra tax! I love it! I guess while we are talking about it, whats the “average” labor cost for a turbo swap?
A grand is too much, but just by a little bit. That’s major city prices.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Competition is good. It always irked me a little that Pure refused to offer the Supra community the Stage 1 turbo upgrade that BMW B58 cars get. It was an intermediate step compared to the 800 but it was $1195. Instead, we get shuffled into the option that costs more than twice as much. It’s good that we now will have more options.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
After what labor? Both are direct bolt-on and require removal of the same components for installation. In terms of labor, it's the same job.
Labor...??

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Labor...??
I do basic stuff myself. My time is more valuable than what I’d have to pay a shop. If it’s just labor costs then that’s a smoking deal. I’ve only ever gotten stuff done from dealerships, and labor alone was never the case. Thanks for the info @zrk

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
At this price point, can we really have high expectations?

MisoSup

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
This sounds awesome. I have a 6 port but my 21 is tunable. I may have to jump on this. The wife is gonna kill me! Haha
Sponsored