PSA Steer Clear of Michael's Toyota of Bellevue for Service

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Found a good race shop and never looked back. Avoids the hassle of having to teach the service department what you want done.
Sponsored

OP
OP

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
I was happy with Toyota of Seattle in Sodo. Only downside: you need to drive into Sodo on those crappy roads.
Probably not a dealer breaker for me if it means getting competent people lol. Moving out of state now anyways so the hunt for a better service shop begins..

Souriall91

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I took mine in for an oil change in Lynnwood that I had to schedule a month out. Arrived and they were confused that I was there. Then told me oil was backordered for at least 3 weeks. I only took it in because the first 2 changes were free but never again. I do all my own work. At least if I screw something up I know who to blame lol
The fact that it’s all bmw parts also makes me leery of bringing it to a Toyota dealer.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I took mine in for an oil change in Lynnwood that I had to schedule a month out. Arrived and they were confused that I was there. Then told me oil was backordered for at least 3 weeks. I only took it in because the first 2 changes were free but never again. I do all my own work. At least if I screw something up I know who to blame lol
The fact that it’s all bmw parts also makes me leery of bringing it to a Toyota dealer.
I'm planning on DIYing moving forward at Stew's Self Service Garage. One of the guys at the Bellevue branch has a Mk5, so it works out well if I have questions or need help.

OP
OP

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
I just tucked it between the windsheild and the headliner, and also tucked between windshield and passenger A piller all the way down to the fuse box.
What would you rate the difficulty level on that? I'm an absolute beginner and don't wanna mess up my headliner by accident lol

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I was happy with Toyota of Seattle in Sodo. Only downside: you need to drive into Sodo on those crappy roads.
Thanks for the recommendation - I had them do the recalls yesterday and they did a good job, no issues.

I think the only thing to watch out for is they officially book all Supra work (except oil changes) as needing to keep the car overnight, apparently because they only have 1 tech and can't guarantee it will get done in time or something...

Regardless, I was able to hang out in the service lounge and check in later in the afternoon. They had completed it by then so was able to get out of there after a total of about 6 hours.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I came across the I-90 bridge to get there and leave. Roads seemed fine coming in, was definitely a bit rough on the way out although not really a problem.
Sponsored