Pumped e85 flex sensor still shows 0%

GRSupraguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT Supra, Jaguar F-Type R
Installed the bm3 flex fuel kit I got for Black Friday last night. Followed the video and the pdf file to a T. Then flashed the car. Selected map 3 (which is 93) . Followed directions and held down on the cruise button and ethanol sensor went to 0. (Makes sense cuz I didn’t have any e85 yet)Gas gauge showed two bars of 93 gas. Went to go pump 4 gallons of e85. Then gas gauge went up two bars for 4 bars total. Ran the sensor still showed 0 percentage. No big deal figured I’d have to drive around bit and test again. Drove around 4 miles and tested ethanol content again still shows 0 percent. Did I A, not pump enough e85 or not drive around enough to get to the e85 in the tank, and it was still sensing 93 Or B maybe sensor is not working? How can I verify if it’s one and not the other? Tia
Sponsored

OP
OP
GRSupraguy

GRSupraguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Anyone?

Shelby Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium & 2019 Shelby GT350R
Like Razorlab said, you're not getting a signal. Could be bad sensor, bad connection somewhere. Could even be a bad ground. When I'm on 93 only, I always see 9-10% when I take a reading from my MHD corn kit.

NZ-Supra

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A90 Supra 2020 BMW M340i Xdrive
Like Razorlab said, you're not getting a signal. Could be bad sensor, bad connection somewhere. Could even be a bad ground. When I'm on 93 only, I always see 9-10% when I take a reading from my MHD corn kit.
Have you integrated the mhd flex fuel kit with mhd? Thought we needed mhd+

skyviper80

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 WRX STI, 2020 GR Supra
Are you using bootmod3 tune as well?

Are you soft pressing cruise down button?

If hard pressing for longer than a few seconds it will switch you to map slot 0.

Took me a few times before I quit changing maps when checking ethanol content.

OP
OP
GRSupraguy

GRSupraguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I noticed if I press pass the “click” then yes it goes to map switching. I hold it for about half a second and BEFORE the click part then it shoots 0. Is the little black box suppose to have a light in it? I dunno why I feel like there is suppose to be? Mine has no light.

OP
OP
GRSupraguy

GRSupraguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes. I followed to the T. I stopped at every step. There are no dash lights on and the car seems to run just fine. Even ran fine when I put the 4 gallons of flex. Just reads zero. Matched the pins etc.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Yes. I followed to the T. I stopped at every step. There are no dash lights on and the car seems to run just fine. Even ran fine when I put the 4 gallons of flex. Just reads zero. Matched the pins etc.
What does the BM3 app tell you? Also zero?

OP
OP
GRSupraguy

GRSupraguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I didn’t see the option in the app to view that. I was looking for it. Can you give me screen shot of where to check it?

OP
OP
GRSupraguy

GRSupraguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Damn I didn’t see that option. I have since pumped only 93. I’m gonna check tonight when I get off work.
Sponsored