Visconti Flex Fuel Issue - Ecutek Gauge Shows 0% & Limp Mode?

ggkthx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
981 GT4, A90 GR Supra, GR Corolla (on order)
Hello world,

I have a 2020 Supra with the Visconti flex fuel kit and a custom Ecutek tune. While doing a WOT pull in auto mode, my car hit fuel cut and backfired loudly on a 3 to 4 upshift. The car went into limp mode and my Ecutek software ethanol gauge and hijacked torque gauge on the infotainment screen both now show 0%. However, my hardware gauge in the glovebox shows E20%, which is correct. I've tried the following:

1. Clearing all errors w/ Ecutek
2. Resetting the ECU w/ Ecutek
3. Reuploading the custom tune map w/ Ecutek and then repeating #1 and #2
4. Driving several miles hoping the issue clears itself...
5. Contacting my tuner, but he responds maybe once a month if I'm lucky, and it's usually to ask for more money before he'll help with anything.
6. Contacting Visconti, was told it's probably a bad sensor or install issue... doesn't really help ...

The car shows an engine torque limited error code on the laptop w/ Ecutek. It drives fine, but is clearly in limp mode. I'm not sure if the limp mode is causing the Ecutek to show 0% ethanol or the Ecutek showing 0% ethanol is causing the limp mode. Either way, the hardware gauge continues to work fine.

This issue has happened twice before. First time, I ended up having to take it to the Toyota dealership. They did some sort of reset (didn't touch my tune), and the issue was resolved quickly. The second time, I just drove in limp mode for two days and the issue randomly disappeared while driving on the highway. This time around, it's staying an issue.

Questions:

1. Anyone experience anything like this before and can share some insight? What should I check for?

2. Is there any official way take the car out of limp mode completely?

3. What could the dealership have done the first time this happened that fixed the issue?

4. What is the pw for the Visconti flex fuel install pdf file?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Uninstalled the CANBus wiring and reinstalled. The issue is resolved afterwards.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Hey, saw this thread. Just wanted to make everyone aware I was already assisting the OP with troubleshooting his issue. Still waiting on some information from him regarding.

Thanks guys.

OP
OP
ggkthx

ggkthx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
981 GT4, A90 GR Supra, GR Corolla (on order)
Thank you to @zrk for sending me a DM on what to look for and the password to the install guide pdf. I took a look at it during lunch and reinstalled the CANBus wiring. The issue seems to have gone away after that.

Now, if I could somehow diagnose issue I have with the car hitting fuel cut on auto mode on WOT shifts..... ha.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Can someone please send it to me. Just started unboxing everything and now at a standstill 🤣
There should have been a card in the box with the password. It’s been a couple years since I did mine, but that’s what I remember.