Pure800 93oct OR E50 Tune

Romel Roze

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
On pure800 with pump gas my car did 522whp (conservative tune)

Tuner did 560whp on 91 octane gas. DP, heat exchanger and Pure only

Stock turbos are maxed out at 500whp on E50 so the Pure will be a good investment for more power later on

I just added a flex fuel kit and E50 will do close to 600whp now
You are on e50 running a pure800 turbo without meth or port injection right. Do you make consistent power? Anthing added for cooling? Thanks.
Sponsored

Romel Roze

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
I've been considering running E50 but there's no Ethanol here in NJ. I'm thinking of ordering E85 and blending it with 93. Let's say I have an E50 tune: If it's ends up being like E48 (or something close but not exactly 50), will I be alright to run the tune?
You don't need to be straight E50 per my tuner. He said if you have a E50 tune and drop lower than e40 then there could be a problem. I am prettey sure I haven't run a perfect E50 mix because you really don't know what you are getting at the pump unless you have an ethanol reader.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Is that 50-100 crank HP or WHP?

Also, can you run e50 on a Pure800 or do you need port Injection or a meth kit to provide the additional fuel?
You can run e50 + pure800 without P/I or meth, but you are going to be leaving a lot of power on the table. I saw a pure800 car + e50 the same day I dyno'd and they stopped at 540hp so they wouldnt max the HPFP.

Romel Roze

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
You can run e50 + pure800 without P/I or meth, but you are going to be leaving a lot of power on the table. I saw a pure800 car + e50 the same day I dyno'd and they stopped at 540hp so they wouldnt max the HPFP.
Ok got it. Thank you.

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
On pure800 with pump gas my car did 522whp (conservative tune)

Tuner did 560whp on 91 octane gas. DP, heat exchanger and Pure only

Stock turbos are maxed out at 500whp on E50 so the Pure will be a good investment for more power later on

I just added a flex fuel kit and E50 will do close to 600whp now
Whoā€™s your tuner

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
I run E50 with just a downpipe and tune and its plenty of power for most people and beating the cars you listed.

Look up my channel on Youtube, Babayaga Racing
also to mention you have the BOTTI SAUCE!

Sangeof

First Name
Sanju
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra A91 Refraction
I prefer Payn. Botti legit gave someone I know a E50 tune without telling them they need flex fuel sensor kit to properly mix ethanol with the gas. Botti rushes through his tunes and clients.

Babayaga Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I prefer Payn. Botti legit gave someone I know a E50 tune without telling them they need flex fuel sensor kit to properly mix ethanol with the gas. Botti rushes through his tunes and clients.
I don't run a flex fuel sensor kit and have no issues

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
just like @Babayaga Racing Supra I donā€™t run a flex fuel sensor with an e50 tune. Most likely your buddy didnā€™t want to pay the extra cost of flex fuel. The Visconti kit is $650 and the cost of the tune is usually double since its basically 2 maps

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
just like @Babayaga Racing Supra I donā€™t run a flex fuel sensor with an e50 tune. Most likely your buddy didnā€™t want to pay the extra cost of flex fuel. The Visconti kit is $650 and the cost of the tune is usually double since its basically 2 maps
Which is like what, 2% of the price of the car? I don't understand, if you're going to mod the car and tune it, why not do it right?

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Which is like what, 2% of the price of the car? I don't understand, if you're going to mod the car and tune it, why not do it right?
Originally I went out and bought the FF kit and ended up selling it. Mixing it was simple enough and I didnā€™t want to disturb the fuel lines or re-pin the harness. I paid for 2 separate tunes so it worked out the same.

Map switching is easy enough I just change fuels at fill up then swap maps

Sangeof

First Name
Sanju
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No he actually did not know about it. I showed him how the flex fuel content is shown on ecutek and in the sport display and he needed it. He was just mixing gas and ethanol without knowing the numbers. He has no problem paying for the kit but the fact that Botti didnā€™t even mention the flex fuel kit is what annoyed me.

Sangeof

First Name
Sanju
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
? this man is wild!
You technically donā€™t have too have a flex fuel kit as long as you know how to mix your fuel contents.
I prefer to be precise with my mix. When I fill up I end up with e49 to e50. Thatā€™s why the flex fuel kit is invaluable to me. Of course all this will be irrelevant once I go e85 once I get the CSF intake manifold and go port injection. For now, it will suffice.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
No he actually did not know about it. I showed him how the flex fuel content is shown on ecutek and in the sport display and he needed it. He was just mixing gas and ethanol without knowing the numbers. He has no problem paying for the kit but the fact that Botti didnā€™t even mention the flex fuel kit is what annoyed me.
For the most part Mikey doesnā€™t sell parts. So if he showed up for tuning in person he shouldā€™ve purchased and installed the kit prior to tuning or should have done a little more due diligence. I tuned with Mikey in person and wasnā€™t aware of what was needed for flex and specifically asked what the options are. He offered map switching or buy a flex fuel kit from a vendor and tune for flex fuel at a later date.

Another tidbitā€¦ it was mentioned to me that the straight e50 tune cars seems to dyno higher than the flex fuel cars. Iā€™ve heard other ppl say otherwise but mixing isnā€™t a big deal to me.
Sponsored