Pure800 failure

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
You can get an 850 now. Pure offered an upgrade when I called about the warranty work.
Cool, thatā€™s good to know. I wonder at what point the OEM housing becomes a limiting factor as they keep increasing the impeller size.

-RJM

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Cool, thatā€™s good to know. I wonder at what point the OEM housing becomes a limiting factor as they keep increasing the impeller size.

-RJM
Yeah, it's impressive pure is able to squeeze out what they can AND still offer a warranty lol. Personally, I'm going top mount once the motor and tranny can handle 1,000whp

Romel Roze

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Mine started showing leaks less then 1,000 miles of its install. Currently have around 7,700 miles on the car. Havenā€™t had any issues after pure did the warranty work. Around 4,000 miles on the pure800 no problems.
What is the warranty details for the Pure800 turbo?

Romel Roze

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
What is the warranty details for the Pure800 turbo?
The Pure800 turbo warrsnty is for 1 year. If something happens after 1 year you are out of luck and that is not good when you consider people have experienced issues with this turbo. However, I heard Pure was making some changes to the Pure800. Not sure how the change will impact reliability.

Read where the ETS turbo system has a lifetime warranty. The ETS 6466 turbo is rated to provide 900+ whp and will costs over 4k more than a Pure800.

The ETS turbo is top mount, but will provide higher HP numbers with a better warranty....but the costs is significant vs the Pure800 because you can get a big discount with Pure when you turn in your OEM turbo.

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
Has anyone had any issues with their Pure800? Mine has stopped working and iv been calling pure for the past 2 weeks with no answer, email response is better but lately 3 days with no reply. Leaking oil since install at SSR performance in LA, and was told it was blow-by, but have found the root of the oil from the turbo housing. Should I give pure another shot, or just go with a real big turbo kit from DocRace.
I started a thread on this a few months ago after I visited a shop replacing 3 different blown pure800ā€™s. Very fortunate for the owners it was all within warranty. Downfall was the downtime it took for warranty.

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
I started a thread on this a few months ago after I visited a shop replacing 3 different blown pure800ā€™s. Very fortunate for the owners it was all within warranty. Downfall was the downtime it took for warranty.
From what I understand the 850's a better unit.. otherwise I recommend going top mount.
Read where the ETS turbo system has a lifetime warranty.
Are you sure ETS isn't offering a lifetime warranty on their parts alone and not the turbo? Would be weird for them to warranty parts that aren't theirs..

Romel Roze

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
From what I understand the 850's a better unit.. otherwise I recommend going top mount.

Are you sure ETS isn't offering a lifetime warranty on their parts alone and not the turbo? Would be weird for them to warranty parts that aren't theirs..
That is a good question. Would have to check again. Just saw the advertisement of their turbo system and they said essentially said the buyer can rest assured that it is covered by a lifetime warranty like the rest of their products or something to that effect.

Romel Roze

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra

Here is there exact words. So it can be a little confusing as far as what is covered. But it seems to imply that the turbo kit is covered and the kit includes DP and turbo. So would need to get some clarity from ETS.

"We would like to introduce our new 2020 Toyota Supra MK5 B58 Turbo Kit!

Our kit features the newest turbo technology from Precision Turbo. This a truly divided twin-scroll turbo system with hundreds of hours in research and development. We wanted to build a 100% BOLT-ON KIT that could still lead the industry in power. This is the perfect kit for a daily driven streetcar or a fully built and prepped drag car. Being an ETS product you can rest easy knowing that every single hand-built part has been tested, inspected, and ported for optimal power output. As with all Extreme Turbo Systems products, we offer a lifetime warranty. If you have a new B58 MK5 Toyota Supra, this is the kit to bring you from a stock turbo car to a big turbo street beast.

The ETS 2020 Toyota Supra Turbo Kit features the latest and greatest in compressor and turbine wheel technology from Precision Turbo. Utilizing Gen 2 CEA (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) compressor wheels machined from 2618-aluminum forging allows for higher efficiency and faster transient response for maximum power and performance. PTE turbochargers come standard with an air-cooled, dual ceramic ball-bearing center housing rotating assembly. Each of our ETS Turbo Kits are equipped with dual Wastegates. The V-Band flanges make installation pain free, the three lower & two upper air ports make connecting pressure sources and boost controllers easy!

Available with the PTE6870 or PTE6466!

6870- 1000+WHP

6466- 900+WHP"

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Here is there exact words. So it can be a little confusing as far as what is covered. But it seems to imply that the turbo kit is covered and the kit includes DP and turbo. So would need to get some clarity from ETS.

"We would like to introduce our new 2020 Toyota Supra MK5 B58 Turbo Kit!

Our kit features the newest turbo technology from Precision Turbo. This a truly divided twin-scroll turbo system with hundreds of hours in research and development. We wanted to build a 100% BOLT-ON KIT that could still lead the industry in power. This is the perfect kit for a daily driven streetcar or a fully built and prepped drag car. Being an ETS product you can rest easy knowing that every single hand-built part has been tested, inspected, and ported for optimal power output. As with all Extreme Turbo Systems products, we offer a lifetime warranty. If you have a new B58 MK5 Toyota Supra, this is the kit to bring you from a stock turbo car to a big turbo street beast.

The ETS 2020 Toyota Supra Turbo Kit features the latest and greatest in compressor and turbine wheel technology from Precision Turbo. Utilizing Gen 2 CEA (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) compressor wheels machined from 2618-aluminum forging allows for higher efficiency and faster transient response for maximum power and performance. PTE turbochargers come standard with an air-cooled, dual ceramic ball-bearing center housing rotating assembly. Each of our ETS Turbo Kits are equipped with dual Wastegates. The V-Band flanges make installation pain free, the three lower & two upper air ports make connecting pressure sources and boost controllers easy!

Available with the PTE6870 or PTE6466!

6870- 1000+WHP

6466- 900+WHP"
Not sure if that's intentional but it could be interpreted a couple ways.. I think precision, borg warner and garrett typically come with a 1yr parts/labor.

Romel Roze

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Not sure if that's intentional but it could be interpreted a couple ways.. I think precision, borg warner and garrett typically come with a 1yr parts/labor.
Yeah, that is clever wording. They are probably providing a lifetime warranty for only ETS parts and not the Turbo even though they are including the Turbo in the ETS package.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Daaamn. Yeah, hard pass. Too many people with problems.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Back again.. Iā€™m having an oil leak from the turbo again, pulling it off tomorrow to see why.
Thats awful. For the $2500 price they charge, you shouldnā€™t be having those kinds of problems. Definitely keep us posted.
Sponsored