Question about timing of getting your tune done after purchasing

boosting1bar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R8, RSQ8
Just curious what kind of wait times you've had after paying for your tune and then actually having the service done. It's been over a month since I purchased and received my Ecutek module and can't even get an email answered within a week, we haven't even started the process. Surely this isn't normal?
Sponsored

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Can’t get an email response from Ecutek or your tuner?

I’m guessing it’s the latter?

I am currently having a similar issue with a non-responsive tuner. Just went with a different tuner, and I’m fighting for a refund now. Will chargeback on my credit card if it comes down to it.

With that said, I do know that a few days between revisions is normal. A week without a response is unacceptable to me, personally.

With my GTI (EA888) and JB4, George at BMS would reply within a week and basically gave me a free custom map with multiple revisions. When I went Cobb+EQT, they never took more than 2 days to respond and sent the OTS within 24 hours of me sending them what they need.

My experience with Supra (B58) tuning has the been the opposite. Lean operations by (I’m sure) talented tuners, but the business/customer service side has been lacking.

That said, Visconti has been a lifesaver and has incredible customer support for this platform. I should have went with them to begin with.

OP
OP
boosting1bar

boosting1bar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R8, RSQ8
Can’t get an email response from Ecutek or your tuner?

I’m guessing it’s the latter?

I am currently having a similar issue with a non-responsive tuner. Just went with a different tuner, and I’m fighting for a refund now. Will chargeback on my credit card if it comes down to it.

With that said, I do know that a few days between revisions is normal. A week without a response is unacceptable to me, personally.
Yeah from the tuner, unfortunately. I'm like you, I understand these guys are busy and I don't expect an immediate response but I reached out to the tuner here and said hey I'm going to order my ecutek kit from you and went through the options with him and placed my order. Got my module a couple days later and set it up and sent the ROM from the software. Nothing for a few days so I just touched base and said hey wanted to let you know I sent my stuff. Few days later get a reply saying they got it but I need unlocked and they don't provide that service but could link me up with someone who could. I happened to have my phone out when I got that email and replied immediately saying yes that's great just let me know and I'll mail it out. About 2 and a half weeks later no answer so I emailed again and here I am 8 days later with no response.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had my recall-locked 2020 ecu bench unlocked this week by Visconti. Price includes overnight shipping both ways. Highly recommended.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
With Visconti, I paid, they overnighted the remote unlock equipment to me a day or two later for Sat delivery. I wasn’t available to tune it the day it arrived so we did it the following day (Sun) and I overnighted the equipment back the next day (Mon).

Several months later I upgraded to stage 2 E50 flex fuel. After paying, I think we did the first iteration of the tune within 2-3 days. We did some logs and tune iterations that same day. After maybe 3 iterations there was a small gap of about a week before he got back to me with a new tune file, we iterated a couple more times that day and finished, so maybe 7-10 days total.

This was all last summer, I’m not sure what their wait times look like now.

Last edited:

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sure, but OP is asking for time between logs/revisions I think.
I’m aware and provided experience from tuners on other platforms. OP mentioned he needed an unlock, so I made a suggestion for that, too. 👍🏽

SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It is good to see this positive info on Visconti. My tune is arriving today and I am hoping to get it knocked out this weekend.... not sure if I need a bench unlock or not yet.

OP
OP
boosting1bar

boosting1bar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R8, RSQ8
Sure, but OP is asking for time between logs/revisions I think.
I am not, I can’t even get a reply to get an unlock to get started. We haven’t even started the process at all.

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Visconti is easy to deal with. Just give them a shout and they well take care of you.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on MHD, custom tuned by PureBoost in Germany.. i'd do my logs right after 5pm since that's when i get off work. i'd log 2 runs, send them over and go home right after. Wake up the next morning to my revision already lol. It really just depends on your tuner and how backed up he is or just his work ethic.. i finished and finalized my tune in a week and a half. When i bought my tune, i bought it just spontaneously out of nowhere one morning, received my base map same day at lunch. Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
boosting1bar

boosting1bar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R8, RSQ8
Visconti is easy to deal with. Just give them a shout and they well take care of you.
Yep, already talked to Marshall on Friday and had my module and remote unlock gear delivered Saturday morning. He got more done in 18 hours than the original person has done in 4 weeks.

dv_platinum

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm tuned by Visconti. The process was done after about 3 log sessions over a few weeks due to my availability and this was after they just got back from 2k. Highly recommended.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I'm on MHD, custom tuned by PureBoost in Germany.. i'd do my logs right after 5pm since that's when i get off work. i'd log 2 runs, send them over and go home right after. Wake up the next morning to my revision already lol. It really just depends on your tuner and how backed up he is or just his work ethic.. i finished and finalized my tune in a week and a half. When i bought my tune, i bought it just spontaneously out of nowhere one morning, received my base map same day at lunch. Lol
I have MHD as well. This was my exact experience with Pureboost as well. Purchased custom tuning for E40 and received my base map less than five hours after the purchase. Tuner told me to go start logging. He asked me to make two logs and send them back. I would send them the logs at 5pm EST and when I woke up the next morning, I would have my revision. Took me maybe a week and a half to get my tune completely dialed and it took a total of 8 revisions, they weren't working on weekends either.
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk