Question about using Wifi Adapters

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Ive searched around both on here and other BMW forums and cant find an answer.

Because carplay is kind of a pain in the ass when trying to use a Wifi OBD adapter, I was hoping to use an iPad I have laying around for bootmod3/xhp/bimmercode duties. The problem is that the moment I connect to the wifi adapter, I dont have internet to use XHP/BM3. Is there any way to do this, or do I just need to go through the hassle of disabling carplay on my phone each time?
Sponsored

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
Ive searched around both on here and other BMW forums and cant find an answer.

Because carplay is kind of a pain in the ass when trying to use a Wifi OBD adapter, I was hoping to use an iPad I have laying around for bootmod3/xhp/bimmercode duties. The problem is that the moment I connect to the wifi adapter, I dont have internet to use XHP/BM3. Is there any way to do this, or do I just need to go through the hassle of disabling carplay on my phone each time?
You should read my thread about my issue with wireless flashing.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I've been using BM3 with the Wifi adapter (The new BM3 one) with no issues all year.

You need to first launch the app with your normal internet access so you can validate it, then after that, disconnect from internet and connect to the Wifi adapter.

For a real world example, when I log at track events, I just connect to internet before my first session, validate, then connect to BM3 wifi and the logging is solid all day after that.

I use a different iPhone then the one I have for carplay. So same idea with your ipad. I just connect to the track wifi or tether to my other iPhone 3/5g for the validation part.

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've been using BM3 with the Wifi adapter (The new BM3 one) with no issues all year.

You need to first launch the app with your normal internet access so you can validate it, then after that, disconnect from internet and connect to the Wifi adapter.

For a real world example, when I log at track events, I just connect to internet before my first session, validate, then connect to BM3 wifi and the logging is solid all day after that.

I use a different iPhone then the one I have for carplay. So same idea with your ipad. I just connect to the track wifi or tether to my other iPhone 3/5g for the validation part.
Ill give this a try, thank you.

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
No other choice for XHP.
I learnt my lesson with flashing and wireless. Maybe iphone users have a better interface, android is subjected to more connectivity issues. I'll stick to cables from now and if XHP is only wireless then i'll deal with slow shifts, lol

OP
OP
DarkZupra

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I learnt my lesson with flashing and wireless. Maybe iphone users have a better interface, android is subjected to more connectivity issues. I'll stick to cables from now and if XHP is only wireless then i'll deal with slow shifts, lol
Ive had 0 issues on iphones with wireless adapters, just have to set them up right.