Anyone using JB4?

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Check the charge pipe. Some owners have reported that the connections on the atfermarket charge can come loose
I’ll definitely check it closer. I kind of just wiggled it and it seemed tight but I’ll inspect everything closer
Sponsored

Zero

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 89 Supra
How long have you had the JB4 before adding these mods, I have had a couple codes in the beginning which terry had me disconnect my battery for a bit and never had an issue after that

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
How long have you had the JB4 before adding these mods, I have had a couple codes in the beginning which terry had me disconnect my battery for a bit and never had an issue after that
I had my JB4 Installed around March or April and had no issues until I installed the AA catted downpipe about two weeks ago. It ran fine with the downpipe for about 150 miles.

Chizadyo

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Tungsten Silver
I had my JB4 Installed around March or April and had no issues until I installed the AA catted downpipe about two weeks ago. It ran fine with the downpipe for about 150 miles.
I would reset your battery after double checking jb4 unit is connect properly. Installed AA dp with no issues or CEL, running on map 3 ????

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I would reset your battery after double checking jb4 unit is connect properly. Installed AA dp with no issues or CEL, running on map 3 ????
How long have you been running that downpipe? I’ll try resetting the battery. Do I just unhook the positive side for a few minutes?

Chizadyo

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Tungsten Silver
How long have you been running that downpipe? I’ll try resetting the battery. Do I just unhook the positive side for a few minutes?
Running AA for about 1 month, disconnect the negative for about 30 sec then recconect

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
IAT issue has been popping up lately... figured I'd finally chime in on the forum lol. You need need to manually push an update to the mobile app to fix the issue.

I am also taking on a few more guys to tune next week for their jb4s pm on here or reach out to me on FB for quickest response.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
IAT issue has been popping up lately... figured I'd finally chime in on the forum lol. You need need to manually push an update to the mobile app to fix the issue.

I am also taking on a few more guys to tune next week for their jb4s pm on here or reach out to me on FB for quickest response.
Yes that would be great! I appreciate the help. No FB so please let me know here. Thanks.

Reactions: zrk

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Here's my newb question of the day. Do I I stall all 3 of these firmware updates? Or just stick with Beta?

Attachments

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Well stated and very true with the JB4 gains! Max I was able to achieve was 436whp and 498 tq.
One question I've always had about the JB4: why do we see such high increases in torque numbers compared to HP at least on pump gas maps? For the A90, the JB4 seems to unlock respectable HP increases (~20-30 whp) but eye-popping amounts of torque (~60-100 lb. ft.).

Zero

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 89 Supra
One question I've always had about the JB4: why do we see such high increases in torque numbers compared to HP at least on pump gas maps? For the A90, the JB4 seems to unlock respectable HP increases (~20-30 whp) but eye-popping amounts of torque (~60-100 lb. ft.).
I assume it has something to do with torque limiters, don’t know if the JB4 does that kind of stuff

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Does it really increase torque that much? Running the simple JB+ as I didn't want to muck about with anything, rather waiting until the tunes come down in price. With those kinds of gains, though, and the pricing not looking like it's going to drop soon, I may pull the trigger.
Sponsored