Anyone using JB4?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Does it really increase torque that much? Running the simple JB+ as I didn't want to muck about with anything, rather waiting until the tunes come down in price. With those kinds of gains, though, and the pricing not looking like it's going to drop soon, I may pull the trigger.
GIven all of the fixed costs involved in the current process, it's likely not going to drop again soon.
Sponsored

Lendo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium (sold)
I’m surprised tuners aren’t citing inflation to justify the egregious pricing.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
GIven all of the fixed costs involved in the current process, it's likely not going to drop again soon.
Yeah, further justification for buying a JB4. I posted about buying the JB+ before I got it and someone recommended that I just get the JB4 as I'm going to end up with it anyways. I guffawed. Turns out they were right. :D

fist302

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra
Do have a question while on the subject of JB4. The sensor read 25% on it’s app and 22% on the JB4. After driving for awhile the JB4 read 4% and sensor was still reading 20-22%. Anyone know why the discrepancy?
Also, with the sensor wired into the JB4, do I need to do anything else other than changing the map?
Always count on the flex fuel App, The JB4 App doesnt provide correct info for the E blend.

Raehan

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 jeep grand cherokee diesel, 2020 supra gr, 2013 Cmax
Posted earlier on this subject but recently sold the Supra, Still have the JB4 if someone needs/wants one. It really does work, is easy to install and easy to use. If you want a little more umph in your A90/91 and still keep your warranty, this is the way to go. I never did get the flex fuel app to read the same as the JB4. JB4 is pinned for the flex fuel but left latter on the car when I sold it.

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have an errant question. I daily drive.
I don’t have a need or bug to tune. However I’ve been thinking about wanting to achieve a 0-60 mph time between 3.50-3.59 one day with the car. It’s just a personal motivation. Is this realistic with pilot super sports, JB4, , 93 pump gas and a catted downpipe? When people talk about paying attention to logs (in regards to safety and reliability) what exactly do they mean?

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
I don’t have a need or bug to tune. However I’ve been thinking about wanting to achieve a 0-60 mph time between 3.50-3.59 one day with the car. It’s just a personal motivation. Is this realistic with pilot super sports, JB4, , 93 pump gas and a catted downpipe? When people talk about paying attention to logs (in regards to safety and reliability) what exactly do they mean?
Basically, you want to monitor various parameters so that you aren't outside of your targeted range for performance. For instance, you want your motor to have an optimum air to fuel ratio. In addition, some things to watch for are boost more than +/- 2PSI from target ( actual boost should be within +/- 1psi of target). If your boost is over target, you probably have a tuning issue that needs tweaking. You also want to look at your timing...generally don't want your ECU pulling more than 3° timing, which usually indicates an ignition / knocking issue. Further, you don't want the HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) to decrease from target. In short, there are many parameters that you would want to monitor and I believe the JB4 is capable of doing so.

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Basically, you want to monitor various parameters so that you aren't outside of your targeted range for performance. For instance, you want your motor to have an optimum air to fuel ratio. In addition, some things to watch for are boost more than +/- 2PSI from target ( actual boost should be within +/- 1psi of target). If your boost is over target, you probably have a tuning issue that needs tweaking. You also want to look at your timing...generally don't want your ECU pulling more than 3° timing, which usually indicates an ignition / knocking issue. Further, you don't want the HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) to decrease from target. In short, there are many parameters that you would want to monitor and I believe the JB4 is capable of doing so.
Thanks. Basically what I do for work but with a car. Cool!

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Tough to know. My personal opinion is that once you bump power much over what it comes from the factory with, the tires are a limiting factor. I've posted about my dislike of the tires Toyota put on this car before, and I may just be bias, but I think it's under-tired. There's a reason many of the press cars made their rounds with Cup 2's on 'em.

ELSUPRA

First Name
ELSUPRA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
How is it? Looking to only use on the map 1. Would i still have to plug it into obd port? That is only for the gauges and dtc reading correct?

How has it been? Does it drive normal?
2021 supra on jb4 just ran 10sec pass at 129mph !
jb4 works !

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Yes it does.
No. It doesn't update at a reasonable interval. Usually I have to drive about 50 miles before JB4 actually reads properly. Using JB4 readout for Flex fuel content is a bad idea. It's a universal JB4 problem apparently.
Sponsored