What map are you using? (JB4)

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Makes sense. Better than bending rods. I thought that AFR was in line with other e30 logs, but I've only seen a couple.
MAP2, it is.
Yea, it's a bummer the JB4 can't effect fueling. On the street, it might be okay but 14.5-14.8 on 19psi is a bit iffy to me.

Also, I thought you were keeping it stock. ;)
Sponsored

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yea, it's a bummer the JB4 can't effect fueling. On the street, it might be okay but 14.5-14.8 on 19psi is a bit iffy to me.

Also, I thought you were keeping it stock. ;)
I'm only using it while putting around town. At the track, will be MAP0. Risk/gain isn't worth it.
Still leaving the car alone. The ease of plugging this thing in made it too hard to say no. It came with all the goodies and I got a deal so I said šŸ¤·šŸ¼ lol

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I was just using presets to putt around town. I won't be using it at the track, so not too worried about extracting the most out of it. From what I gather reading here: the data logs look pretty decent right now, though I'm getting used to the AFRs these cars fun LOL.
I'm going to mainly putt around town too. Hence why I'll be using Jessie. I just want it to run optimally and smoothly. On the track it'll be nice to know where's the best place to start and get further tunes for Jessie to adjust.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I'm going to mainly putt around town too. Hence why I'll be using Jessie. I just want it to run optimally and smoothly. On the track it'll be nice to know where's the best place to start and get further tunes for Jessie to adjust.
You trust the JB4 to run the car for track days? I do not have that much faith in it. I'll watch from the sidelines. šŸ˜‚

YOTA_IL

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
You trust the JB4 to run the car for track days? I do not have that much faith in it. I'll watch from the sidelines. šŸ˜‚
Jesse can tune you up for the track days and make the car pull super hard for track style driving compared to 1/4 mile driving. @Jesse DaBears ā€¦. Iā€™d highly recommend him, you will not be unhappy with the amazing results

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Jesse can tune you up for the track days and make the car pull super hard for track style driving compared to 1/4 mile driving. @Jesse DaBears ā€¦. Iā€™d highly recommend him, you will not be unhappy with the amazing results
I dunno. We'll see. I don't see the car needing to be any faster for a while, anyway. I sent him a message a day or two ago. If I hear back, I'll make a decision then.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I've run multiple track days on it; pulls extremely hard on the straights. Custom tune is worth the investment. Map 2 doesn't compare because its not smooth power delivery.

I'm reaching the point where a proper tune would clean up the powerband.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Ya that last log is all bad.
I've run multiple track days on it; pulls extremely hard on the straights. Custom tune is worth the investment. Map 2 doesn't compare because its not smooth power delivery.

I'm reaching the point where a proper tune would clean up the powerband.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying others shouldn't do it. That's on the owner. I'm just saying that after 19yrs of dealing with piggyback systems, I don't trust them.

Especially after looking at these logs.

The "safer" map I use, the worse the car drives. I'm beginning to wonder what all the hype is for.

This thing is terrible.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying others shouldn't do it. That's on the owner. I'm just saying that after 19yrs of dealing with piggyback systems, I don't trust them.

Especially after looking at these logs.

The "safer" map I use, the worse the car drives. I'm beginning to wonder what all the hype is for.

This thing is terrible.
Agree. I wouldnā€™t have considered it if I hadnā€™t heard what huge success everyone has had with Jessie custom map. All my other track cars got custom tunes and worked well. Then again, Iā€™m not going for a crap ton of power either. Just have a catless dp, better sounding exhaust and intake šŸ˜œ

Edit: I do like the ability to switch maps as the day gets hotter here in Florida (when tracking). I bought a heat exchanger from Jesse and will get my map 6 (custom tune) revised after install. The beauty of this JB4 and having Jessie. Iā€™m really happy with my purchase (JB4 and Jesse tune)!!!!

Last edited:

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91, 2018 FK8
Iā€™m running map 2 and these afr make me a bit iffy, 14,4 afr at 19 psi??
I was told itā€™s normal for b58 but running that lean with more boost kinda makes me feel uncertain

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was told itā€™s normal for b58 but running that lean with more boost kinda makes me feel uncertain
Do you have 93 octane readily available in your area? Iā€™ve tracked on both maps that say 93 octane and it runs fine under heavy tracking conditions, while using that fuel. But those have worked just fine down here with my car & mods.

I just bought a Garmin Catalyst so I can see the JB4 gauges (IAT my area of interest) while cruising on the long back straight of Sebring. What AFR numbers are you looking for with 19 psi? Itā€™s not something Iā€™d mess with and glad I have Jesse. But totally get it if you are a tuner, engineering background do it yourselfer type, or running alternative fuel.

And great reminder for me to hurry up and install that puppy (heat exchanger) and get Jesse to look at my Map 6 ASAP. Iā€™d rather be safe than sorry in the long run.

https://www.fastcar.co.uk/tuning/fast-car-air-fuel-ratio-guide/

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase

Yes, it's 100% normal. It will fatten up to mid 13s in higher gears but they generally target stoich for economy even at WOT. Coming from decades of port injection tuning I was freaked out by it as well at first.

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91, 2018 FK8
Do you have 93 octane readily available in your area? Iā€™ve tracked on both maps that say 93 octane and it runs fine under heavy tracking conditions, while using that fuel. But those have worked just fine down here with my car & mods.

I just bought a Garmin Catalyst so I can see the JB4 gauges (IAT my area of interest) while cruising on the long back straight of Sebring. What AFR numbers are you looking for with 19 psi? Itā€™s not something Iā€™d mess with and glad I have Jesse. But totally get it if you are a tuner, engineering background do it yourselfer type, or running alternative fuel.

And great reminder for me to hurry up and install that puppy (heat exchanger) and get Jesse to look at my Map 6 ASAP. Iā€™d rather be safe than sorry in the long run.

https://www.fastcar.co.uk/tuning/fast-car-air-fuel-ratio-guide/
Sorry i made a mistake it was at 16.2 PSI but JB4 had said it peaked at 19psi/20psi

I'm in Canada so I do not have access to a good 93, we have 93 and 94 gas but compared to the United States our gas rating is done differently so what i've heard from local tuners is our 94 is close to your 91. I can't even use any of the maps that are rated for 93+

Yes, it's 100% normal. It will fatten up to mid 13s in higher gears but they generally target stoich for economy even at WOT. Coming from decades of port injection tuning I was freaked out by it as well at first.
Ok, this is nice to hear from someone else as well. Yeah i did read direct injection vs port injection would be a bit different but overall the idea of running super lean was freaking me out. I actually swapped back to MAP 0 till I could find out more information.

The guys at JB4 were super helpful but I was still a bit hesitant
Sponsored