Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

garudathree

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991gt3rs
chassis control may be part of it, i don't think i've hit fuel starve at LRP yet at the fuel reserve warning level, but i run effectively full stiff for rebound dampening + 650/750 lb springs, so my chassis is pretty flat through the corner vs being jacked up by the inside wheels. this might allow the fuel level to be more parallel relative to the tank vs a chassis that's 10-20 degrees leaned over. that's with vMin of 105-108 in the downhill so decent g load

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
Depends. I've had it give me no errors during fuel starve, a low fuel message and a drivetrain malfunction message.

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
The very outside of the shoulder on my front left PSS took a beating at the last track day. The rest of the tire looks actually fine, just the very outside. I run 36lbs hot and may have to bump that up a bit. I am also adding camber plates and considering moving to soft on the Eibach front bar. I was told by someone at the track I could remount the fronts swapping sides. Has anyone done this? Iā€™d like to make it a few more track days while I order new wheels and tires.
IMG_3820.jpeg

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
The very outside of the shoulder on my front left PSS took a beating at the last track day. The rest of the tire looks actually fine, just the very outside. I run 36lbs hot and may have to bump that up a bit. I am also adding camber plates and considering moving to soft on the Eibach front bar. I was told by someone at the track I could remount the fronts swapping sides. Has anyone done this? Iā€™d like to make it a few more track days while I order new wheels and tires.
IMG_3820.jpeg
you should stay around 35-36 hot and solve outside wear issue w camber

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Went to a new to me track this weekend. Thompson Raceway in North Eastern Connecticut.

Fun track but I finally experienced fuel starvation about six times. A good amount of sweeping right turns at this track. Ironically the section where other supras have experienced it, I only got some "light" starvation where the car would just kinda stop accelerating like I let off the throttle, and then in this right turn that is nowhere close to g-forces I was experiencing in the other section, I got MASSIVE fuel starvation on WOT coming out of the turn. Huge backfire and it felt like I hit the rev limiter. This was only with two bars gone on the gauge too, so about 3/4 tank or more.

I might have to limit my trips to Thompson, or get a fuel starvation solution, which I really do not want to do.
And how low where you? I always go out with a full tank.
Whoa.ā€¦ you got this even when going out with a full tank?

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Hahha yea totally. Ironically I have yet to experience this at Lime Rock and that is the track I am currently fastest at, being my home track.

It's interesting too because turn 1/2 at Lime Rock is much like this turn at Thompson. Maybe the banking and surface changes at Thompson compounded it.
What PB atm at Lime? :)

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
First session I went out with a half tank. Probably impossible to go through that much gas in a single session

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
First session I went out with a half tank. Probably impossible to go through that much gas in a single session
I've had a couple sessions where I was on track lapping for ~30 minutes and I'm always shocked at how much fuel I burn.

Last time I went out with just less than half a tank for a 25 minute session I had to come in early because I was getting "light" fuel cut and my car was screaming at me about being at fuel reserve with 2 bars remaining.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've had a couple sessions where I was on track lapping for ~30 minutes and I'm always shocked at how much fuel I burn.

Last time I went out with just less than half a tank for a 25 minute session I had to come in early because I was getting "light" fuel cut and my car was screaming at me about being at fuel reserve with 2 bars remaining.
makes sense. I was basing that on my ā€œmarathonā€ session of 8 laps (2 of which were cool downs) šŸ¤£

seemed like I went through no fuel.

was my first session there

IMG_6247.png

garudathree

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991gt3rs
@kyle9 do you have onboard from your 56 lap? curious where you're picking up time vs my setup
i'm the guy who looked up the zf8 neutral info for you on sat

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
makes sense. I was basing that on my ā€œmarathonā€ session of 8 laps (2 of which were cool downs) šŸ¤£

seemed like I went through no fuel.

was my first session there

IMG_6247.png
Nice times! I'm still slow AF on Lime Rock lol.

If you don't mind me asking, what mods are you running?

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@kyle9 do you have onboard from your 56 lap? curious where you're picking up time vs my setup
i'm the guy who looked up the zf8 neutral info for you on sat
Hey! Peter, right? My SD card was full and my gopro stopped recording. I do have Garmin footage I can send you though

There was probably another 1.5 seconds in it but the track was terrible next couple sessions and I kept messing with my setup (and only 2-3 laps per session)ā€¦ and obviously I didnā€™t get to run the next day when the conditions were much better šŸ¤£

garudathree

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991gt3rs
Hey! Peter, right? My SD card was full and my gopro stopped recording. I do have Garmin footage I can send you though

There was probably another 1.5 seconds in it but the track was terrible next couple sessions and I kept messing with my setup (and only 2-3 laps per session)ā€¦ and obviously I didnā€™t get to run the next day when the conditions were much better šŸ¤£
yup that's me, garmin footage would be great, thank you. will be back there this sat to try and get into the 56's, only .06 away
Sponsored