Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
After one day? I think people are glossing over that fact.
I noticed it after track day #2. Could have happened after the first track day and I didnt even notice. I rotate my tires after every event too.
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I noticed it after track day #2. Could have happened after the first track day and I didnt even notice. I rotate my tires after every event too.
Got it. Still, the CRS don't even show that over their whole usable lifespan for me. I also rotate my tires after every event.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Got it. Still, the CRS don't even show that over their whole usable lifespan for me. I also rotate my tires after every event.
Yet another reason for me to switch over to them.... I only got 4 track days out of the 660s before the inside was down to threads. Sucks cause the rest of the tire is still good. Not even heat cycled out.

On another subject, what wheel weights did you say to get? The ones that dont melt off.

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Rotate as in front to back left to right or take tire off wheel and swap inside/outside?

and yes, I have done similar damage to a lot of tires in 1 track day, not saying yours is due to the same issue. Maybe Nankangs are resistant to that which would make them very attractive to me.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Rotate as in front to back left to right or take tire off wheel and swap inside/outside?
Traditional rotation, not flipping on the wheel. My tires heat cycle out before the tread is gone so it's not worth the cost to me.

I think maybe the AR1's just can't handle the shitty light switch modulation of the CSG pads. Another minus for CSG pads.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yet another reason for me to switch over to them.... I only got 4 track days out of the 660s before the inside was down to threads. Sucks cause the rest of the tire is still good. Not even heat cycled out.

On another subject, what wheel weights did you say to get? The ones that dont melt off.
It's crazy that the CRS is a gripier tire and wears longer.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Traditional rotation, not flipping on the wheel. My tires heat cycle out before the tread is gone so it's not worth the cost to me.

I think maybe the AR1's just can't handle the shitty light switch modulation of the CSG pads. Another minus for CSG pads.
Funny that you mentioned the lack of modulation with the CSG pads. I keep talking to people that say that using them as like throwing out the boat anchor. I think some of them are confusing initial bite with overall breaking power. Most people, until they get serious, never even bring up modulation.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Funny that you mentioned the lack of modulation with the CSG pads. I keep talking to people that say that using them as like throwing out the boat anchor. I think some of them are confusing initial bite with overall breaking power. Most people, until they get serious, never even bring up modulation.
It's so bad.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Except they are off pace by a good margin compared to every single super 200tw that is used in Time Attack, and it doesn't matter because they are 100tw. Not allowed.

Fair enough and I forgot they were rated as a 100TW. Most of the super 200s don't come in the sizes I need so my options are pretty slim.

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
It's so bad.
When I used them I actually thought their initial bite was much lower than Carbotech 12s and were easy to modulate. However this was on a 2750lb GR86 with tiny brakes not a 3400lb Supra and Brembo calipers. I did not want to splurge $1000 this time around.

maxvelocity66

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Potentially selling my current car toward the end of next year and moving to a GRMN(depending on spec and availability) or 3.0 Supra.

Would like keep the motor stock and just do aggressive aero and suspension, with obvious upgrades to wheels, brakes, seat also completed. Are cooling upgrades necessary if keeping the motor stock, whether to the hood, fenders, or within the engine bay?

Lastly, what are the top Toyota/Supra online vendors that offer track related parts so
I can begin some research over the next year?

I've found the following based on posts here, but wondering if there are others:

phd
spage
verus
triple seven
Sponsored