Razorlab - 2020 LE build thread

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Here is the second lap in the video I posted above from the perspective of @garudathree. He was on a cool down lap until he saw me and the GT4 pass him and then we all played together....

Damn he’s smooth (as well as you)! Like our @1slow_mk5 down here. Takes a while to not even think about those little steering inputs (twitches) in the apexes. High speed, feeling the edge, quick natural corrections… So cool dude 😎 And what a beautiful track 🤩 Keep up the great work Bryan! I too love how you keep your car so damn clean and still track her 👏🏼
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do people not get black flagged for shit like that? Assuming that's just a track day, not a race??
Yessir. HPDE for sure. And the club operators will go talk to someone like that, if the corner workers aren’t catching it. They want to keep it fun for everyone. Also why morning group meetings are so important to remind peeps why someone as fast as Bryan is behind you. Because he’s faster! Point him by and learn something. We’re all out there to have fun.

BTW, his build is fantastic! I thought I’d keep my car stock this go round. But watching Bryan‘s build, it’s so tempting to do more. Clean looking and done right (for track) 💨 Keep the pics coming 😍

They should, but a lot of the flaggers were letting shit like this slide.
We have a NASA director down here that is brutal. In a good way. He won’t tolerate it. In fact the other groups are really good about this as well. It does help that Sebring is a huge track also. So glad you are getting out there Wes and get to meet Supra legends like Bryan. Him and Rock are on my bucket list. Would love to drive on the same track with those guys someday! Both of those guys have been incredibly track helpful to this community since day one ☝ for me.

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Speaking of that, the pics from 5/12 just dropped FYI.

Not the greatest shots if I'm honest. The photographer really had his work cut out for him!

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Speaking of that, the pics from 5/12 just dropped FYI.

Not the greatest shots if I'm honest. The photographer really had his work cut out for him!
Yea I don't think there is one photo of me in there that isn't a blurry mess. lol

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Yeah. Looks like the guy was struggling with his equipment a little judging by some of the shots.

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Palmer Motorsports Park yesterday. I didn't sleep well the night before and the day had seven cars crashing into walls and a coolant spill that almost took me out so needless to say I was feeling a little off all day. My last session I took a passenger out then decided to do a couple more fun laps after dropping him off...

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Decided to take advantage of the amazing spring weather we are still having here in the North East and signed up for another Palmer day yesterday.

This time it was CCW. First time back in this config since last year and with my aero and power mods. I beat my PB by four seconds! I'm starting to trust the aero more now.

I'm up 13 mph in the front straight with the new power. The braking zone is a bit hairy now.

IMG_1362.PNG

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This time it was CCW. First time back in this config since last year and with my aero and power mods. I beat my PB by four seconds! I'm starting to trust the aero more now.

I'm up 13 mph in the front straight with the new power. The braking zone is a bit hairy now.
Up by 4 seconds!!!!! WTF 😳 Congrats and that’s insane dude. So happy for ya. If anyone can get alll those mods to work - you can 🏆

Do you attribute such incredible gains more so from the aero, the new turbo, or even the lack of heat soak with your new manifold? I wouldn’t dare attempt to upgrade my 6 port turbo. But your aero is tempting 🤤 Just for simplicity sake.

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Up by 4 seconds!!!!! WTF 😳 Congrats and that’s insane dude. So happy for ya. If anyone can get alll those mods to work - you can 🏆

Do you attribute such incredible gains more so from the aero, the new turbo, or even the lack of heat soak with your new manifold? I wouldn’t dare attempt to upgrade my 6 port turbo. But your aero is tempting 🤤 Just for simplicity sake.
Multiple factors here…

1. Was my fifth time driving Palmer CCW so some of the time was from learning the track.
2. First time using the Nankang CR-S tires in this config. The four other times were on Continental Forces and Kumho v730’s. The Nankangs are faster than both of those.
3. Added power. The car was up 13mph in the front straight compared to last year on stock power.
4. First time with the Verus aero in this configuration, but my fourth track day with the aero and I’m starting to trust it more so my cornering speeds are going up.

Here is an overlay of my fastest lap in this CCW config last year compared to my new PB this year:

275D24DC-1450-4149-8547-B89444B0D6E6.png

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Just finished two days at Lime Rock with Hooked on Driving. Both days where four hours of open lapping. Totally spoils me for regular track days.

Ended up getting a new PB yesterday, 57.96 and consistently in the 58's. Car is hauling the mail at this track now. Was the fastest street car out there. It was an unmuffled day so there where some IMSA Porsches and Lambos and some TCR race cars out. I'll post some other fun videos of the weekend in the coming days. IMSA Porsches are stupid fast, and stupid loud.

I started noticing some understeer in some corners that was slowing me down a little so I might up the rear spring rate. Also still need to man up on the downhill. I think I can get into the 55's here.

Sponsored

Last edited: