Razorlab - 2020 LE build thread

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
I wasn't going to use any ethanol with the Supra but I found out that there are two stations very close to me, one being literally down the hill from me, about 3 minutes away. So it was hard for me to say no.
Damn, very jealous. There's one E85 station in the entire State of Connecticut and it's literally in the opposite direction of all three tracks. :doh:

I was looking at buying Ignite Red by the barrel. I wish there was a station nearby.
Sponsored

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Damn, very jealous. There's one E85 station in the entire State of Connecticut and it's literally in the opposite direction of all three tracks. :doh:

I was looking at buying Ignite Red by the barrel. I wish there was a station nearby.
Yea, most of the E85 stations in NY are in Long Island, so I got lucky that we ended up close to two here in the Hudson Valley. The one down the hill just added E85 end of last year, which is really what made me go back to Ethanol. Again, hard to say no when it's so close.

I was looking E85 stations close to Palmer and there are like hardly any in Mass at all. There is one about 35 mins away from Palmer but again, I did that life before, it kinda sucks to do a full track day, then go grab E85 for the next day. I would rather go back to the hotel and walk down to a restaurant for dinner and beer.

I'll take a photo of my Supra packed for the track next track weekend.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
For my last event, and first event with a ethanol mix, I was able to fit three 5 gallon jugs in the Supra, along with all my other track stuff.
Can you elaborate as to what you're able to fit aside from the 5 gallon jugs? My "track box" literally takes up 1/2 the trunk.

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Can you elaborate as to what you're able to fit aside from the 5 gallon jugs? My "track box" literally takes up 1/2 the trunk.
My track box that has all my tools, extra brake pads, window cleaner, towels, etc

My helmet, my hans, my backpack, a jacket, my hard box for all my cameras and batteries. Various RAM mounts. I'll take a photo next time I pack the car up.

I stopped bringing a jack and jack stands because everyone brings them and I can just ask/barter if I need them.

TkTk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 Race car, EVO 8,C6 ZO6, Westfield Aerorace
So all last season I tracked the car on 100% stock power. I love power as much as the next person but I had some specific goals I wanted to hit before moving to aero and power.

Well, I accomplished those goals last year. Now it's the new year, I already posted that I upgraded to Verus Aero and now I have been working on the power part of the equation.

My goal for power was to have a very driveable track tune that I could beat on all day long, no huge torque hits to upset the car and no big boost numbers to create a bunch of heat. I'm not chasing numbers, I've been there and done that and that is not what I wanted for the Supra. I came to the conclusion that I wanted a powercurve that mimicked the Porsche GT3/GT3RS. Yes, those are NA cars but their power curves are very track worthy. Plus, anyone that has been in or shared the track with those Porsches can tell you they are very very fast.

Well, the tune is still being worked on but the power has already surpassed a Porsche 992 GT3 by a good amount and there is still a bit more in it before I would call it finished.

**again, this is not about chasing numbers. Could it make way more torque? Yes. Could it make more power with the fuel used? Yes. That isn't the point.**

Power mods:
Pure 700 turbo
FTP intake pipe (oem airbox, oem filter)
Wagner intake mani-cooler
MAP GESI catted downpipe
E30
Bootmod3 ecu tuning

More to come!

Pure700_Single.png

Was that done with custom tune on BM3? Mind sharing the tunner details?

Also wondering why pure 700 was your first choice but not the latest pure 800/850?

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Was that done with custom tune on BM3? Mind sharing the tunner details?

Also wondering why pure 700 was your first choice but not the latest pure 800/850?
Custom tune using Bootmod3.

I was self tuning, however I was running into some load limit interventions so I took a pause so I wasn't learning to tune the car *and* doing track days at the same time. So I hired a tuner to build me a good flex tune for the Pure700. Once they are done I will share the details.

I bought the pure 700 because a deal came up I couldn't refuse.

TkTk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 Race car, EVO 8,C6 ZO6, Westfield Aerorace
I like your approach. Definitely subscribing!

I always wondered how the supra will feel on track with your power band. Did not like to have all the torque soo fast early on and for the power band to drop on its face at the top end. I always enjoyed na cars more because of that.

I plan to copy your setup on a MT Supra, which now, BM3 is the decent option.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the power band (street/track)

SoupRaw

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
How do you know you like that seat?! Think it's a "dailiable" tasty choice? :D

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Love the build and the approach to tracking the car, so many people get it so very, very wrong...

But I came here for a high res pic of your avatar, because that is the good stuff!

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
First dry Lime Rock track day of the season with aero and added power. I’m still working my way up to really trusting the aero but this thing is even more of a weapon now.

I have some great data to share after I synthesize it all. First properly warm (85-88F) track day with the Wagner intake manifold. Teaser: I now have the data needed to make the decision to cut my hood.

Was great meeting @decodeddiesel for the first time!

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Track weapon indeed! It was a real treat seeing you at speed from the scoring tower.

Everything is clean af on your car. Seeing all of the Verus aero and the Wagner intake on your car was really cool. Makes me want to make some reckless spending decisions. 😄

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Track weapon indeed! It was a real treat seeing you at speed from the scoring tower.

Everything is clean af on your car. Seeing all of the Verus aero and the Wagner intake on your car was really cool. Makes me want to make some reckless spending decisions. 😄
Hah, thanks. I do try to balance looks and performance so thank you for noticing. ;) I am also in support of reckless spending decisions. ;)

Nice helmet. What are you running?
It's a Simpson Bandit. It's about six years old now so I need to pick up a new helmet soon.