Razorlab - 2020 LE build thread

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
That’s awesome on your temps! Why did you choose the Wagner over the EOS or other brand? Ease of install?
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
Well well... An intake manifold option that doesn't break the bank you say 🤔 just has me wondering how or why they were able to produce this for so much cheaper?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well well... An intake manifold option that doesn't break the bank you say 🤔 just has me wondering how or why they were able to produce this for so much cheaper?
I bet I’ll be the 1st to break it, if I can get my hands on one 😝

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
I'm hoping you don't break it so i feel good about getting one too :) And then i hope you say the install was a BREEZE!! :p

Antiq8ted_Ex0

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
This thread and a few others make me wanna buy another A90 from copart and make a dedicated track car.

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
So all last season I tracked the car on 100% stock power. I love power as much as the next person but I had some specific goals I wanted to hit before moving to aero and power.

Well, I accomplished those goals last year. Now it's the new year, I already posted that I upgraded to Verus Aero and now I have been working on the power part of the equation.

My goal for power was to have a very driveable track tune that I could beat on all day long, no huge torque hits to upset the car and no big boost numbers to create a bunch of heat. I'm not chasing numbers, I've been there and done that and that is not what I wanted for the Supra. I came to the conclusion that I wanted a powercurve that mimicked the Porsche GT3/GT3RS. Yes, those are NA cars but their power curves are very track worthy. Plus, anyone that has been in or shared the track with those Porsches can tell you they are very very fast.

Well, the tune is still being worked on but the power has already surpassed a Porsche 992 GT3 by a good amount and there is still a bit more in it before I would call it finished.

**again, this is not about chasing numbers. Could it make way more torque? Yes. Could it make more power with the fuel used? Yes. That isn't the point.**

Power mods:
Pure 700 turbo
FTP intake pipe (oem airbox, oem filter)
Wagner intake mani-cooler
MAP GESI catted downpipe
E30
Bootmod3 ecu tuning

More to come!

Pure700_Single.png

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
very nice. 500/400 feels like a package one would sell. is the E30 blend for the sake of a colder combustion?
Yes, just to combat any possible knock. If I start getting fuel starvation more easily, I might have to go to a lower blend. We'll see!

I have it setup for full flex-fuel capabilities so I can run it from E30 to E10 (93).

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
I'm really curious about how you're going to source your ethanol and how you're going to get it to the track.

Buying E90 by the drum and mixing it seems like a good way to go along with a flex fuel kit.

I'd like a track tune with something more knock resistant than trackside 93. I won't do methanol again (was a huge PITA on my STi). I'm not sure if Thompson/LRP/Palmer all have the same unleaded race gas available. Buying and mixing my own ethanol seems like the only viable option.

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I'm really curious about how you're going to source your ethanol and how you're going to get it to the track.

Buying E90 by the drum and mixing it seems like a good way to go along with a flex fuel kit.

I'd like a track tune with something more knock resistant than trackside 93. I won't do methanol again (was a huge PITA on my STi). I'm not sure if Thompson/LRP/Palmer all have the same unleaded race gas available. Buying and mixing my own ethanol seems like the only viable option.
Great question! I was all about the E85 life with my Evos and lugged a ton of containers to the track all the time. However, that was full E85 so I had to bring a ton.

I wasn't going to use any ethanol with the Supra but I found out that there are two stations very close to me, one being literally down the hill from me, about 3 minutes away. So it was hard for me to say no.

For my last event, and first event with a ethanol mix, I was able to fit three 5 gallon jugs in the Supra, along with all my other track stuff. I had two jugs with premixed E20 in them and 1 jug with full E85. I was able to do five sessions with no issues. The full E85 jug I used towards the end of the day to basically mix E20 in my tank.

What I will probably do now is just bring two or three of the 5 gallon jugs with full E85 and do the mixing in the tank.

I also slightly overfill on Ethanol on the drive to the track so when I put some normal 93 in, it goes back down to my target mix.

Not all tracks will be feasible for this. Palmer for instance will be okay for the first day but if I do two days, I won't have ethanol for the second day, which is fine since I am running a flex fuel tune and can run 93, just won't be as powerful.
Sponsored