Rear Axle Failure

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Must be luck of the draw. I know I've seen Supra's in the 10's running stock axles.. I have a built set from DSS sitting on the shelf but I've not blown up the OEM's with over 700whp (sure it's a matter of time though)
Sponsored

OP
OP
gcmak

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I didn't forget about this thread, the car was at the dealer for over 3 weeks - this isn't something they'd dealt with before - so there was a lot of learnings.

The headline is that the repair was completed and on my brief drive home, it seems totally fine. Gone is my custom alignment that I didn't even get to enjoy, but warranty covered everything.

Most of the learnings involved what is required, by the books, to properly complete a repair of this nature. It included not just the replacement bits for the axle/cv, but any of the torque to yield bolts/bits on the suspension that are loosened/removed in order to fit the replacement axle into the car, an alignment within factory spec (as part of proving of successful warranty repair), and renting an expensive calibration machine to to ensure radar and sensors are happy.

My A052s were called into question but ultimately could not be ruled as an outside influencing factor.

I've included some images for those interested.

Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 5.40.17 PM.png

IMG_0755.jpeg

IMG_0799.jpeg

IMG_1100.jpeg

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I didn't forget about this thread, the car was at the dealer for over 3 weeks - this isn't something they'd dealt with before - so there was a lot of learnings.

The headline is that the repair was completed and on my brief drive home, it seems totally fine. Gone is my custom alignment that I didn't even get to enjoy, but warranty covered everything.

Most of the learnings involved what is required, by the books, to properly complete a repair of this nature. It included not just the replacement bits for the axle/cv, but any of the torque to yield bolts/bits on the suspension that are loosened/removed in order to fit the replacement axle into the car, an alignment within factory spec (as part of proving of successful warranty repair), and renting an expensive calibration machine to to ensure radar and sensors are happy.

My A052s were called into question but ultimately could not be ruled as an outside influencing factor.

I've included some images for those interested.

Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 5.40.17 PM.png

IMG_0755.jpeg

IMG_0799.jpeg

IMG_1100.jpeg
Thanks for sharing the end results.

-RJM

Sikh_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
My DSS axle outer cv boot is leaking and it’s been just recently installed. But I had it sitting on the shelf as well, wonder how to get it fixed now

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
My DSS axle outer cv boot is leaking and it’s been just recently installed. But I had it sitting on the shelf as well, wonder how to get it fixed now
Maybe the oetiker clamp needs a re-clamp?

-RJM

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Try adding grease and reclamping it.
Sponsored