Remnant Performance OMEGA 65 Turbo Kit

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Based on what i've seen so far, I feel like the larger housing would be a better option on the street in terms of traction by shifting the torque higher in the powerband.

But i'm an idiot so edumacate me.
Your tuner can shift the torque as far to the right as you want.

It's controlled by the DME via the electronic wastegate actuator.

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, 95' 300ZX SMZ, 22' F150 Limited
Hoping to post data here soon on the 6-port Flow Max.

It's been sitting on my desk for about 2 weeks... yeah, i said 2 weeks.

Working with EPC to get the install and tuning (Sameh) back to back so it's not just sitting there.

20230918_202626.jpg
20230918_202648.jpg

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Will do brotha. I'm also debating between DAW or Omega65. So we are just gone have to wait and see.
Take it for what it's worth but I was considering the daw but my tuner and one of the most reputable shops in the country advised me to steer clear because they have had nothing but issues in their customers cars with it already.

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Take it for what it's worth but I was considering the daw but my tuner and one of the most reputable shops in the country advised me to steer clear because they have had nothing but issues in their customers cars with it already.

Awesome, just what I wanted to hear after dropping $3k+

I heard that about the 2ports. My understanding is the 6-port was improved.

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Well hopefully yours will work great for you and there won't be any issues. The information I recieved was directly related to the 6 ports they had been installing since mine was a 6 port.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Awesome, just what I wanted to hear after dropping $3k+

They should be the exact same turbo, only the manifold/housing would be different. But from the turbine wheel forward they should be identical. They may have revised it when the 6 ports came out, but nevertheless they should be the same.

SoDakMk5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Iv got 2 buddies that had the flow max and both blew seals on them in less than 5 months. Now both are on the new daw R turbo but im not impressed with it at all. Both are still having multiple issues

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
I mean speaking truthfully, nothing is more reliable than the stock turbo.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
Iv got 2 buddies that had the flow max and both blew seals on them in less than 5 months. Now both are on the new daw R turbo but im not impressed with it at all. Both are still having multiple issues
I don’t know if this is true but I’ve heard the same for the Daw and speaking with a tuner on this forum said they were hard to tune. He recommended Pure and was really excited to see how the Remnant turbo performs. I’m also on that list waiting to see some dyno runs with the Remnant turbo. It looks great but I’m also a little concerned about the first run of anything new.

SoDakMk5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I don’t know if this is true but I’ve heard the same for the Daw and speaking with a tuner on this forum said they were hard to tune. He recommended Pure and was really excited to see how the Remnant turbo performs. I’m also on that list waiting to see some dyno runs with the Remnant turbo. It looks great but I’m also a little concerned about the first run of anything new.
Both guys are using well named tuners. Not top 3 tuners but big names and they are struggling to get them tuned and finalized

Alec-RemnantPerformance

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR 3.0 | 2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8T
I’m so sorry to hear that. I can’t speak first hand to DAW quality. That said, although I don’t know him personally, I’ve heard that Sean makes a solid turbo unit.

All I know first hand is how we build our units and I know that it is very difficult trying to utilize the stock turbo’s CHRA or even a recreation of one for anything other than stock like power. It’s precisely why The 65 OMEGA for the Supra uses our standard dual ceramic ball bearing CHRA with its dual piston ring oil seals on both the compressor and turbine wheel ends of the CHRA versus trying to do a “Hybrid” turbo design.

Not saying it is impossible but I’ve never had one of our CHRA’s fail and/or push any oil due to the inherent redundancy in the design. I also balance these turbos at a minimum of 120,000rpm ( balanced both mine and Keith’s at 131.7Krpm) so I know that the full rotating assembly is tested and balanced at speeds that will exceed anyone’s use case.

As for some results, Kevin over at B58OC posted some interesting results of a GTX3584RS top mount on a MKV Supra just now. So I went ahead and did the comparison:

4461F359-CAAE-4CF1-9152-47ABE2069E8E.jpeg

IMG_0640.jpeg

I’m going to go back to the dyno and clean those graphs up (so much spinning on the dyno 😂) and while doing so, Marin and I will actually turn it up haha. But yea, definitely happy with the results so far! It’s really showcasing exactly what we were after with the Road Racing Turbine Housing.

Also @AJRMKV, the question you had about powerband and what is easier to catch traction with, I’d say tires and alignment are MUCH more important in determining traction ability than anything else. I have ZERO issues with these 305/30R19 Continental Extreme Contact Sports with my current power levels. They inspire nothing but confidence. The stock alignment is trash and this is how we aligned the Remnant Supra.

IMG_0641.jpeg

Here watch this video from Joe who goes by @bakemono_supra on Instagram. You’ll see I have no problems with traction:

Last edited:

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
[/QUOTE]

Yep. China turbos. He sent that video straight from the factory. You can see the employee parking lot right there next to the counter.

You can tell that box was photoshopped by paid AI actors who play doctors on television.

JK I hope this kit is all I want it to be. Good luck, my friends. This may be the path I take, if all goes well.

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm thinking we aren't talking about the same turbo. The shit is confusing. The "new" "Flow Max" 6-port has only been available for about 2 months so I'm not sure how they have 5 months on it.

I don't think I'm wrong on this but maybe @Jesse DaBears or @Louaye @EPC Can shed some light here.

If it doesn't work out, tuned properly, and I'm not happy... and Alec's kits are showing up/out. I'm good with sunk costs when there's an emerging solution with greater upside.

Hopefully, we are all happy with both solutions.
Sponsored