Renaissance Red 2.0 vs Stratosphere

Which MKV color would you choose?

• Total voters

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
have you seen stratosphere/portiamo blue in person? I have a ultrasonic blue 2.0 Lexus and i’m hoping that stratosphere/portiamo has more purple tones
Stratosphere blue is very purpley in real life. Pictures don’t do it justice at all. I’ve yet to see a picture where the color actually looks like it does in person.

You can see the purple tint in sunlit part in this picture

89960FBB-8E96-4F41-BB28-A293B73EAC59.jpeg
Sponsored

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS
My .02, try not to pick the color you think the car should be. Instead, pick the color you like the most whenever you see it, if that makes any sense at all. The Supra has basically no bad colors, they all look good in person. Even tungsten. 😁

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
My current 2.0 is Red. It was my first choice back in 2020 and would choose it all over again.
If I end up trading it for a 3.0 I'm leaning towards Stratosphere (assuming it will still be available).
Can't go wrong with either imo

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Owned a Nitro and loved it, but love the stealth quality of my CU Later, as it doesn't scream LOOK AT ME like the yellow did.

In a perfect world though, I'd have Downshift Blue with the Cognac interior.

Q_SubSub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
Has anyone done a satin/matte PPF on either color? I'm thinking about doing one to my Renaissance red but would appreciate any pics for reference if someone has already done them.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Has anyone done a satin/matte PPF on either color? I'm thinking about doing one to my Renaissance red but would appreciate any pics for reference if someone has already done them.
I'm actually thinking the same for yellow. If I was better at Photoshop I'd try and simulate it.

dchaimso

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
My first Supra — in 1985 — was red. So I was set on red. And red looks AMAZING on a slightly overcast day.

But in the bright Sun I couldn’t help but see some pink or orange or whatever in it
719EBF3B-967F-4F77-B353-7999DE3BF589.jpeg
. I just didn’t like it. Anyone else ever notice that?

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Team Strat.

314531431_10101424348343329_4118690354175931312_n (1).jpg
What springs are you using?

Check the stratosphere blue color thread in the last few pages. Someone put stealth xpel on their car.

BMW actually offers portimao blue (same color as stratosphere) in the frozen variety which looks exactly the same as well. There are a bunch of pictures of that if you search google.

Q_SubSub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
Check the stratosphere blue color thread in the last few pages. Someone put stealth xpel on their car.

BMW actually offers portimao blue (same color as stratosphere) in the frozen variety which looks exactly the same as well. There are a bunch of pictures of that if you search google.
Thanks for the suggestion on the Stratosphere Blue thread. It looks great.

As for googling frozen portimao BMW, I came from a BMW recently so I'm pretty familiar with what that looks like on an M3. I just wanted to see how the frozen blue/red would look with the Supra's curves.

OP
OP

_suprajay_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra
I want to say yes to (edit: ultrasonic) but definitely yes to portimao.

Portimao is a bit lighter and may have slight purple tones depending on the lighting conditions. Should be no problem to find a Portimao blue BMW on the lot and check it out.
sorry so would you say stratosphere blue is more “purpley” than ultrasonic blue from lexus?

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
sorry so would you say stratosphere blue is more “purpley” than ultrasonic blue from lexus?
I wouldn’t say more “purpley”, but rather a higher chance of very occasionally catching a purple hue here and there. But it would pretty rare and very subtle.

This thread should give you a good idea of the color. https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1566248

I think Portimao “pops” more than ultrasonic and is more dynamic. Ultrasonic looks “deeper” to me, but feels darker and less dynamic.
Sponsored