Not open for further replies.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Evo and Top Gear reviewed the Mk5 Supra? That's a first to me. Care to share a link?

Also you are confusing steering feel with steering input. Sure the F80 might steer better and has faster initial turn in than a E92, but the feel and feedback of the E92's hydraulic system is far better than BMW's implementation of EPS. Honda has EPS in the S2000 and that steering feel is amazing.

Just because the Supra wears 255 front and 275 rear tires doesn't mean it's a M suspension setup. You can "believe" whatever you want but until we see actual reviews of the Mk5 Supra, we can speculate all we want about how it handles and if it has what differential (most likely a electronic one in this case). I am sure a set of KW coilovers on a Supra will allow it to handle better than stock.

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/supra-coupe-2019/first-drive

https://www.evo.co.uk/toyota/toyota...view-has-toyota-built-a-porsche-cayman-beater

Really? Go to any BMW dealership and you can easily get a Z4 of your choice. Go to a Porsche dealership and good luck walking out with a GT car.
Don't twist my words, I never said they were equally as rare. (E89s stopped production in 2016 but youre new here so Ill give you a break)
Sponsored

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
Evo and Top Gear reviewed the Mk5 Supra? That's a first to me. Care to share a link?

Also you are confusing steering feel with steering input. Sure the F80 might steer better and has faster initial turn in than a E92, but the feel and feedback of the E92's hydraulic system is far better than BMW's implementation of EPS. Honda has EPS in the S2000 and that steering feel is amazing.

Just because the Supra wears 255 front and 275 rear tires doesn't mean it's a M suspension setup. You can "believe" whatever you want but until we see actual reviews of the Mk5 Supra, we can speculate all we want about how it handles and if it has what differential (most likely a electronic one in this case). I am sure a set of KW coilovers on a Supra will allow it to handle better than stock.

Its a pre production testing on the chassis and steering. Geez, not that hard to look up lol

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/reviews-are-in-for-2020-supra-mkv-preproduction-car.1383/

Iā€™m not going to start a debate here about steering feel, itā€™s from my personal input and many others as well on the bimmer forums, Iā€™ve owned and still own a F80 M3 CS and had a e90 M3 for 7 years.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
It clearly talks how good the chassis and steering is on a ā€œpre productionā€ car, safe to say the final version will be similar if not better.
Its weird how they all call them reviews in the title but their technical definition is a "first impression." You learn something new everyday!

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Really? You are naive if you think those are "reviews" then. I get it there is hype for the car but you and RyanGT3RS are just obviously fanboying for the sake of fanboyism. Why not wait and see how the car is when its actually out and in the hands of reviewers before praising it for "amazing" steering feel?
Dont twist my words, I never said anything about steering feel. I simply helped you out by linking you to the reviews

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
So how exactly am I trolling then? I call them out as pre production impressions and am a troll and yet you yourself say they are impressions as well correcting RyanGT3RS.
I called you a troll because you have twisted several peoples words around to create baseless arguments without means of resolution, even those in which youre arguing the same point and most notably with two Toyota employees about things they know for their job.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
That's not trolling. An initial impression from Top Gear or Evo is not a review. And gushing over how good the car is before it's even out like RyanGT3RS does is pointless and stupid. Why don't we wait for the car to be released and see what's what before calling anyone a troll. And I didn't twist anyone's word. Don't know where you came up with that. RyanGT3RS said there are reviews out of the car. Both you and I called him out on that which they are not reviews. Anything can change between whenever those pre production cars were tested by Evo and Top Gear and when they actually review the car. BMW is known to have pretty bad steering feel in their modern cars. Go watch TheStraighPipes review on the M240i for example. On center feel is dead. That's why I say wait for the car to be out and see what people say about the steering feel before jumping to conclusions and hyping it just for the sake of hype. The car does not have a M tuned suspension either so who knows how it's gonna feel. If they get the steering feel like a 86/BRZ/FRS then great. If not then that's disappointing. We just have to wait and see.
No by all definitions besides your own it is a review. Is it a review of the production car? No it isnā€™t, but thatā€™s not what you asked for.

Iā€™ll give you $100 PayPal if you can tell me where I gushed over the steering of this car.

Iā€™ll give you another $100 if you can tell me where I said modern BMW handled well. As one of the few bmw fanboys of the group, I can certainly tell you they are incredibly numb as compared to what they were.

You can not say ā€œpeople are jumping to conclusionsā€ and ā€œthe car does not have M suspensionā€ in the same thought without being labeled a hypocrite since you donā€™t know as well.

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Really? We need to get into specifics now? Ok my mistake for not asking for a final production car review :rolleyes:

I never said that you gushed on the cars steering. But RyanGT3RS did bring up modern BMW's steering feel (actually lack thereof). According to him, its fine. But like you said, it's incredibly numb and I agree with that. I've driven a F80 M3 and it's steering feel isn't anywhere near as close as my 135is. Is it a faster car? Sure. Does it handle and put out better laptimes? Of course. But does it feel incredibly numb and offer very little feedback to the driver in terms of steering? You bet.

If anything RyanGT3RS is the troll as he was the one going on about modern BMW steering feel. I don't know why you are after me when my comments were directed to him. Sure you can call me a hypocrite all you want if it makes you feel better but not once did I say that the final car will have bad steering feel or horrible handling. No. All I am worried about is since it shares the exact same platform as a Z4 and like you said modern BMW's are known for how numb the steering feel is, is that I am slightly concerned. That's why I said wait for the final reviews. No point in discussing this further.

Yep, Iā€™m the troll:) got me there, lol.

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Pay attention to what he says about the steering feedback. And that is the best M car one can buy right now. Steering feel is left to be a little desired.

The funny thing about all this is I didnā€™t disagree with you about ā€œmodernā€ bmwā€™s having so so to ā€œbadā€ steering compared to the past models. My quote, which you quoted, I said ā€œthoseā€ models which were M models and pertain to ā€œmodernā€ have good steering, notice ā€œgoodā€ not Porsche like or e46/e9X/e36, etc.... But........ the M3CS which I own, has good steering, a lot better and sharper than the early f80ā€™s, IMO, better than the e9X M3.

I didnā€™t like the e9X M3 steering but I like the e9X 335i and your 135is steering.

The new M5 is pretty good as well, ALOT better than the previous model but not as good as the e60 or e39, duh

Carry on, I am done with this topic, no point going back and forth.

Getting back on topic which is the new Supra.

Last edited:

AsupramkvC

First Name
Gerich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In Japanese, but it talks about some of the differences between the Supra and Z4.

https://clicccar.com/2019/01/07/678337/
Here are the key facts from the article:
-The interior distinctively uses Toyotaā€™s own design language
-Common with Z4 is the chassis and powertrain
-More rigid than the Z4
-Steering feel is light but outstanding
-Direct 6 turbo is common with Z4 that offers 340 hp & 500Nm
-Straight six engine can be used up to 7000rpm
-Behavior is easier to grasp than the Z4
-Wheelbase is shorter than 86
-Control feel is not bad
-Electronically controlled LSD is key