Share knowledge

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
Afternoon yall, this is more of a fueling question or understanding thing. Someone correct me. The 2020 supras use share the same b58 hpfp as older model bmws right and the 2021s and up use the b58TU hpfp.. so the 2020s can get better fueling by using the dorch stage 1, 2 and or b58tu pumps? The 2021s it seems can not use the stage 2 dorch? Atleast I dnt see one listed for the supra but various bmw models. I kno we have the same motor but I'm assuming when certain companies list bmws models there are differences that keep them from sharing on the other platforms that have the motor right?

So what is a fueling solution for 2021 plus on the hpfp side..port injection, visconti but that a intake pump. Anything I am missing?
Sponsored

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
No the 2020+ all use the same hpfp as far as I’m aware it was only the f chassis m340i that had the older pump

Reactions: zrk

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Even with a higher flowing HPFP you don’t really gain much, the DI injectors still limit you. If you need more fuel then you go to port injection.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
We already have the "Gen 2" B58TU HPFP. All Supra model years use some form of the B58TU engine.

If you want more fuel, it has to be port injection. An HPFP will buy you a little more headroom, but you'll still be fundamentally limited by the capacity of the direct injectors.

OP
OP
NFamous60

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I need a website for the HPFP question too, it seems.

The HPFP is fine. Gen 1s B58s are the old pump, Gen 2s are the new one.
How about list everything u talked about and reference cause I dnt know where all your threads are. And I'm still new here so my questions may seem repetitive to some but new to others. Which Gen are which. Assuming anything prior to 2020 is Gen 1 and the supras are gen2. I was trying to start working on my supporting mods and thought why not tackle fueling. Seen guy talking the dorch stage 2. I already brought the performance Solutions upgraded fuel line, and was going to do the intank fuel pump next.

OP
OP
NFamous60

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We already have the "Gen 2" B58TU HPFP. All Supra model years use some form of the B58TU engine.

If you want more fuel, it has to be port injection. An HPFP will buy you a little more headroom, but you'll still be fundamentally limited by the capacity of the direct injectors.
Yes with that being said guy I follow Kern, showcased a Dorchester stage 2 pump that surpasses the B58TU. Which is another reason I asked because I didn't see one listed for the supra but it has it for bmw vehicles with the b58

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
How about list everything u talked about and reference cause I dnt know where all your threads are. And I'm still new here so my questions may seem repetitive to some but new to others. Which Gen are which
All Supras are B58TUs/2nd Gen. Port count doesn't matter.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How about list everything u talked about and reference cause I dnt know where all your threads are.
Lol, no, i know. It's fair. What I really need to do is put together a FAQ somewhere.

OP
OP
NFamous60

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lol, no, i know. It's fair. What I really need to do is put together a FAQ somewhere.
Broooo you'd be a internet God, I Google so much I get emails telling me to stay offline lol. Think I'm trying to get my bearing with the platform to fast but dnt want to be overly annoying with threads

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Broooo you'd be a internet God, I Google so much I get emails telling me to stay offline lol. Think I'm trying to get my bearing with the platform to fast but dnt want to be overly annoying with threads
Ask away. We'll answer then, probably snarkily. But asking is fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think we'll get it done in the year two thousand never.

Reactions: zrk

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes with that being said guy I follow Kern, showcased a Dorchester stage 2 pump that surpasses the B58TU. Which is another reason I asked because I didn't see one listed for the supra but it has it for bmw vehicles with the b58
An upgraded HPFP seems seductive and useful for this car. But it's not. Upgrading the HPFP would give more fuel, yes. But you'd quickly bump into the limits of the GDI injectors themselves and they can't be upgraded or replaced.

So you'd spend a lot of money for an HPFP (they are not cheap...like $1500-$2000 not cheap), and still quickly hit a wall. The reason why there's been very little effort to work on an HPFP is because port injection is cheaper and doesn't have these limits.

HPFP is a solution looking for a problem that's already been solved.

OP
OP
NFamous60

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
An upgraded HPFP seems seductive and useful for this car. But it's not. Upgrading the HPFP would give more fuel, yes. But you'd quickly bump into the limits of the GDI injectors themselves and they can't be upgraded or replaced.

So you'd spend a lot of money for an HPFP (they are not cheap...like $1500-$2000 not cheap), and still quickly hit a wall. The reason why there's been very little effort to work on an HPFP is because port injection is cheaper and doesn't have these limits.

HPFP is a solution looking for a problem that's already been solved.
Wow that made sense instantly, use additional injectors to supply fuel over trying to increase fuel pressure for stock number of injectors that will tap out.. gotcha.
Sponsored