Shipping spacers not being removed?

jvang85

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, Acura Integra
That’s not true. The spacing spacers come apart. You actually just need to Jack your car up and slide the boot up and pry them apart. No need to even take your wheels off, but of course it will be easier. Stop telling people the wrong information.
If you want to try prying them, be my guest. If you take a look at the photos it's a pretty sturdy plastic that is locked all around.
Sponsored

Attachments

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

climhazzard

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
those spacers come apart, just needs a small flat head. I tried it myself. Can you imagine every car needing to pull the strut in a PDI and the alignment being off and you gotta realign it?

Exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for helping up the accurate information game on here. Coming from S2KI it’s something we are lacking at the moment on MKV, but hopefully it’ll come with time.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I just went and checked mine. They were removed by the dealer.

-RJM

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
I just went and checked mine. They were removed by the dealer.

-RJM
Did you use a jack to lift wheel and see inside the boot?
When I put my hand over front wheels and feel the boot cover it feels like something is behind it. Does not fill like metal rod but something plastic.
I am going to jack wheel tomorrow and see if I can raise the boot cover and properly see what is behind it.

I will be fuming if I see these plastic spacers.
Just wondering how many Supra's out there are driving with these spacers still attached.

adhrutledge

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Sorry you all, I’m ignorant and only do basic bolt ons and oil changes. Can anyone tell if I’m good or do I need to pull the boot up higher. What im touching is a black plastic piece..
5C84C253-B34A-4290-90F2-8F4F077027DE.jpeg

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Did you use a jack to lift wheel and see inside the boot?
When I put my hand over front wheels and feel the boot cover it feels like something is behind it. Does not fill like metal rod but something plastic.
I am going to jack wheel tomorrow and see if I can raise the boot cover and properly see what is behind it.

I will be fuming if I see these plastic spacers.
Just wondering how many Supra's out there are driving with these spacers still attached.
My car is currently on jack stands so it was easy to check. I would be pissed too if I found they were still there.

-RJM

A3EA3400-BCBD-491E-B41E-D344F06AAFE2.jpeg

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
My car is currently on jack stands so it was easy to check. I would be pissed too if I found they were still there.

-RJM

A3EA3400-BCBD-491E-B41E-D344F06AAFE2.jpeg
That’s them then. The white piece right there. You just have to pry them off? Surely I would notice my car was riding a lot higher than it should be right? Plus I have lowering springs on it. I’m sure the guy would have said something to me about it then.

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2018 4Runner Limited
That’s them then. The white piece right there. You just have to pry them off? Surely I would notice my car was riding a lot higher than it should be right? Plus I have lowering springs on it. I’m sure the guy would have said something to me about it then.
No, no, no, those stay on. If u look at the shipping ones on previous pictures, they look completely different.

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Ummmmmm No...
That white plastic base is the boot cover holder.
You would see the spacers above attached to metal rod if they were still attached.
Sponsored