Shipping spacers not being removed?

zsupra

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91
Lately I was beginning to notice a rather large wheel gap. I finally found the culprit. Keyes Toyota in Van Nuys forgot to remove the shipping spacers for some reason. 2200 miles later and I’m worried I might have damaged something. What’s the best course of action with something like this? This dealership has been nothing but a pain thus far, and this just adds to the insult. I understand human error dan occur. But at this price point especially with Toyota, I’m bummed.

BED5387B-C4CD-4622-B1AD-F996478D2ED1.jpeg

A882A42A-52B6-457D-9E5B-C9F5F657B15D.jpeg
Sponsored

RenierR10

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Vehicle Showcase
It was the same on mine. I had to take em out myself because they broke and where making a noise. I thought my struts were bad but they where just those broken spacers.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Mine have them too, are you sure they are for shipping supposed to come off? How do you get them off? Are they only on the front?

edit: are you talking about where your finger is or the entire white plastic assembly?

Last edited:

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6
They were left on mine too, for about 1,000 miles until I went to HKS springs.

Just take them off, no big deal.
If you don't have the time or tools, bring it to the dealer

OP
OP
zsupra

zsupra

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91
Mine have them too, are you sure they are for shipping supposed to come off? How do you get them off? Are they only on the front?

edit: are you talking about where your finger is or the entire white plastic assembly?
Where my finger is, there’s 2 extra blocks behind the dust cover.
They were left on mine too, for about 1,000 miles until I went to HKS springs.

Just take them off, no big deal.
If you don't have the time or tools, bring it to the dealer
I feel like the resistance will cause damage to the assembly. It’s definitely not healthy to have them kept in.

Phantom Grey Supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019’ Yamaha R1m —2020 F450—2021 Supra 3.0 —1999 silverado 4x4–1997 Husqvarna CR250– 2012 VW Jetta GLI TDI conversion
Ive only seen bmw have shipping spacers. Ive never heard of any other car having “shipping spacers” on the strut from the factory other than bmw . I guess toyota just doesnt get the memo

ArthurWick

First Name
PA
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Ive only seen bmw have shipping spacers. Ive never heard of any other car having “shipping spacers” on the strut from the factory other than bmw . I guess toyota just doesnt get the memo
Removing front suspension spacers is on the Supra’s PDI checklist, so no excuses for the technician who prepares the car to leave them on...

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
Can you check for this without lifting the car?

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
Also how do you take them off?

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Honda S2000 used to have these and some dealer had left it in there as well.. Some owners didn't realized until they came to s2000 meet after 2 years of driving and found out so our resident mechanic took cared of them. most likely, it won't damage anything except uncomfortable ride time to time.

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
Honda S2000 used to have these and some dealer had left it in there as well.. Some owners didn't realized until they came to s2000 meet after 2 years of driving and found out so our resident mechanic took cared of them. most likely, it won't damage anything except uncomfortable ride time to time.
Billman?! :D

jvang85

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, Acura Integra
Also how do you take them off?
You can lift the boot to see if they're on there. The only way to remove them is to remove the shock and pull the top hat off. If you're not already going to remove them to do some work, best to take it into the dealer to have them removed.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
You can lift the boot to see if they're on there. The only way to remove them is to remove the shock and pull the top hat off. If you're not already going to remove them to do some work, best to take it into the dealer to have them removed.
That’s not true. The spacing spacers come apart. You actually just need to Jack your car up and slide the boot up and pry them apart. No need to even take your wheels off, but of course it will be easier. Stop telling people the wrong information.
Sponsored