Smell when flooring it

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
Does anyone else get a foul somewhat chemical smell whenever they step on it? Can’t really describe it. Like somewhat burning and the smell is so toxic I have to roll up the windows for a brief moment cause it’s so bad.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Habu

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
are u sure it’s not coming from you surprising yourself? 😂 jk no idea
That’s what I was thinking. Maybe it’s me or just a lot pollution in the area I was in, but I noticed it again another day.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Does anyone else get a foul somewhat chemical smell whenever they step on it? Can’t really describe it. Like somewhat burning and the smell is so toxic I have to roll up the windows for a brief moment cause it’s so bad.

Do you have a catless dp?
Wouldn't smell like burning though.

eqi

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Egis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra
If your car is brand new it can smell from sealing things under the bonnet when engine is hot.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Sounds like you have an exhaust leak somewhere before your catalytic converter.

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
I noticed an electronics type burnt smell coming from the engine compartment when the car was new and still do, from time to time, after a spirited drive. The plastic coating on wires, fuses, or other connections can cause this smell, when temps get high under the hood. If that's what you're experiencing, then it's normal.

OP
OP
Habu

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
If your car is brand new it can smell from sealing things under the bonnet when engine is hot.
This is what I believe it may be. Car was bought with 5K miles in great condition. I believe the previous owner didn’t drive it as hard as me and mostly everything may be breaking in now. Still not sure what exactly is breaking in from the smell though. I’ve also noticed the brakes are more grabby after my driving after 2K miles of owning the car. The original 0w-20 was still clean and golden after the 5K mile change from previous owner.

OP
OP
Habu

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
I noticed an electronics type burnt smell coming from the engine compartment when the car was new and still do, from time to time, after a spirited drive. The plastic coating on wires, fuses, or other connections can cause this smell, when temps get high under the hood. If that's what you're experiencing, then it's normal.
It does smell more like burning plastic than anything else I can describe. The B58 does run hot so this may be what it is. (Still running the thin 0w-20 too). Car is still somewhat new.

OP
OP
Habu

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
I have a feeling this is what it is.