Bassoonytoon

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
Jesus - I was genuinely curious about why these pictures are so prevalent in the car community. Maybe there was a technique or specific attribute to the product that I should be appreciating. Maybe it’s some TikTok challenge or something similar (like the sideways gas station pictures).

Instead I get sex stuff. Thanks guys.

I get it… I shouldn’t have asked.

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Jesus - I was genuinely curious about why these pictures are so prevalent in the car community. Maybe there was a technique or specific attribute to the product that I should be appreciating. Maybe it’s some TikTok challenge or something similar (like the sideways gas station pictures).

Instead I get sex stuff. Thanks guys.

I get it… I shouldn’t have asked.
You hit the nail on the head. It's just a trend like the gas station thing. Someone took a Pic of it and then someone else etc. That's all. Nothing deep or anything

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Kids these days feel the need to get recognition for all work they perform. If I donate to charity, post it on Twitter. If I get a bonus at work, flex it on Instagram. If I take the time to wash my car, post it on tiktok. This is their attempt to accomplish 2 things. First being to flex their car, secondly to get some sort of personal image boost by knowing that everyone sees they spent time to take care of their car.

-Non Average 21 year old

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I assume the intention is wanting to show "I washed my car action shot" and this probably an easy way to show it. Also, I assume people like to show off their "fancy" foam sprayer thingy.

How well do those things work, anyways? Are people able to scrub the whole car before it runs off / dries up? I suppose maybe that's the benefit of it being foamy?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It's not any different than taking a clean picture after you washed it or polished it. You're showing your or shops work. Appreciating it and letting others know how nice it looks and in cases showing off your accomplishments in life. In this case giving props to foam cannon manufs.
Also, not so different than putting a picture of yourself or family in your home, on vacation etc. Sharing in general.
People comment, you interact, it's male bonding.
People have been putting foamy pictures online ever since they became main stream... Maybe you're seeing it more now as weather is improving.

I've mixed feelings with the foam. Didn't get a dedicated one. I've MTM Hydro attachment to my Karcher K5 pressure washer. It's not quite foamy as dedicated ones.
I do pre-soak. Mine is bit runny so I usually can't, well can but don't use mittens right away. Still use two bucket method. Gotta play with the settings more once weather is steadily better..
Ps. I'm not 100% happy with Karcher. Well, does what it says, but I should have gone with higher PSI, gpm.. not getting all dirt out. probably gonna get a new one soon. Someone had mentioned Comet, but it's 1700psi 2.2gpm. we'll see

Last edited:

MK_Surrey

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lightning Yellow 3.0 Pro (2022 Delivery)
I live in the English countryside and my car gets covered in dust, pollen, fauna debris etc very quickly at this time of year.

The snow foam works as a really good pre-wash to get rid of that initial level of dirt beyond just a standard spray with the Karcher.

It doesn't fully clean the car, and it isn't supposed to, you definitely need to hand wash it after, but it makes the job much easier and is just another step in my car washing process

Each to their own and as always, your mileage may very. Car washing etiquette is very personal.

I don't use social media and just send the pictures to my other car friends. We're proud of our cars and I guess a snow foam picture is better than a picture of 2 buckets and a grit filter 🤣.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Lol why so much dislike for them haha I just find them very almost peaceful haha
F014C683-5E9A-4E5F-B81A-94FF167E4EB0.jpeg

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
For me it's like that asmr thing, that satisfaction of covering the entire car in white foam, then watching it fall off mesmerises me :drool:.

My method is pressure wash, snow foam, pressure wash, snow foam, wash mitt with 2 bucket, pressure wash, dry.

But each to their own :thumbsup:

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
It's not any different than taking a clean picture after you washed it or polished it. You're showing your or shops work. Appreciating it and letting others know how nice it looks and in cases showing off your accomplishments in life. In this case giving props to foam cannon manufs.
Also, not so different than putting a picture of yourself or family in your home, on vacation etc. Sharing in general.
People comment, you interact, it's male bonding.
People have been putting foamy pictures online ever since they became main stream... Maybe you're seeing it more now as weather is improving.

I've mixed feelings with the foam. Didn't get a dedicated one. I've MTM Hydro attachment to my Karcher K5 pressure washer. It's not quite foamy as dedicated ones.
I do pre-soak. Mine is bit runny so I usually can't, well can but don't use mittens right away. Still use two bucket method. Gotta play with the settings more once weather is steadily better..
Ps. I'm not 100% happy with Karcher. Well, does what it says, but I should have gone with higher PSI, gpm.. not getting all dirt out. probably gonna get a new one soon. Someone had mentioned Comet, but it's 1700psi 2.2gpm. we'll see
Sounds like you may already be but just incase this might help with deciding on a new pressure washer.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...er_Spreadsheet_2-3-21_Update.pdf?v=1615319729

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
I don't mind them. 🤷‍♀️