• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

So I installed android auto & apple car play on my 2.0 ltr 2021 supra

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
I can never seem to get phone mirroring to work. Maybe its cuz i have an iphone but it just keeps sitting there when its supposedly trying to connect.
Sponsored

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91 Edition, 2004 IS 300
So I'm confused, the 20/21 has mirroring but not Android Auto? What's the difference?
Mirroring doesn't work with all Android devices. It also has some issues where it sometimes just doesn't show as an option. Probably same issues people get with ios car play.

I can never seem to get phone mirroring to work. Maybe its cuz i have an iphone but it just keeps sitting there when its supposedly trying to connect.
Screen mirror only works on Android as far as I know.

Moorman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Car(s)
2020 Supra (RIP); 2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range
So I'm confused, the 20/21 has mirroring but not Android Auto? What's the difference?
Mirroring just uses the Miracast standard to display whatever is on your phone's screen to the head unit. There's no touchscreen functionality so you have to interact with the phone to do anything and that view is pretty small; not very useful IMO.

Android Auto is a complete UI that utilizes the head unit's screen and touchscreen so the phone can remain stashed away.

OP
OP
KillerhydroCL

KillerhydroCL

First Name
O. Mansory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 J29 Supra
Did you first pair your phone or did you just plug it in?
i plug via usb, wireless is available but u gotta pair ur phone first on the MMI UI page before using wireless carplay /android auto but if u just plug in by usb it sets up like any normal android auto/carplay popping on ur phone to ask u to accept blah blah

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
Interesting. Can others confirm this works? I actually chatted with them and they said their products do not work with Supras (I was disapointed), but would be so happy if this lets me have Android Auto...

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
Interesting. Can others confirm this works? I actually chatted with them and they said their products do not work with Supras (I was disapointed), but would be so happy if this lets me have Android Auto...
It doesn't have Android Auto, but should have Android mirroring, which is different see the message above by @Moorman

Moorman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Car(s)
2020 Supra (RIP); 2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range
It doesn't have Android Auto, but should have Android mirroring, which is different see the message above by @Moorman
The MMI Prime unit the OP is talking about should bring Android Auto to the Supra, not just mirroring. The mirroring we can do without any modifications.

fudog82

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
as you all know, supra does not have apple car play or android auto in some models and isnt planning to bring in android auto anytime soon, so i found a company called bimmertech and they usually have suppliers in most regions and they offer these devices that are usually installed behind the infotainment panel and it cost me a total of 800$ and now i have screen mirroring, apple carplay, and android auto both wired and wireless, they added a usb port in the glovebox for wired usage and they added an antenna for the wireless android auto/car play. now i feel my car is complete. im in Dubai so i went to a place called Car Code Performance which was listed on https://www.bimmer-tech.net/page-installers which basically shows you their agents or garages that heavily work with bimmer-tech. i hope everyone gets this stuff coz toyota aint gonna bother if its not gonna make them (enough) money, they have just released this like a week ago btw
Peace.

android auto.jpg
Awesome man, my question is can you go widescreen? I'd love to take up the full screen instead of leaving that little part on the side. Might be an android auto thing though.

OP
OP
KillerhydroCL

KillerhydroCL

First Name
O. Mansory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 J29 Supra
Awesome man, my question is can you go widescreen? I'd love to take up the full screen instead of leaving that little part on the side. Might be an android auto thing though.
for android auto it does not go full screen, however mirroring your phone is in full screen

OP
OP
KillerhydroCL

KillerhydroCL

First Name
O. Mansory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 J29 Supra
well with this retrofit i installed they also activated video in motion which allows for constant mirroring of the screen using an app like autolink or something. my supra did not have apple car play or android auto but it did have mirroring but to mirror i use the device they installed as its less stringent than the stock mirroring option

GatoRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
335i
as you all know, supra does not have apple car play or android auto in some models and isnt planning to bring in android auto anytime soon, so i found a company called bimmertech and they usually have suppliers in most regions and they offer these devices that are usually installed behind the infotainment panel and it cost me a total of 800$ and now i have screen mirroring, apple carplay, and android auto both wired and wireless, they added a usb port in the glovebox for wired usage and they added an antenna for the wireless android auto/car play. now i feel my car is complete. im in Dubai so i went to a place called Car Code Performance which was listed on https://www.bimmer-tech.net/page-installers which basically shows you their agents or garages that heavily work with bimmer-tech. i hope everyone gets this stuff coz toyota aint gonna bother if its not gonna make them (enough) money, they have just released this like a week ago btw
Peace.

android auto.jpg
Hey do you have more pictures on how they installed it? Or pictures that you took during installation? Thanks.

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
Hey do you have more pictures on how they installed it? Or pictures that you took during installation? Thanks.
Bimmertech filmed the installation in my car last week. The video should be released shortly on their ig, YouTube etc.

muniz_ri

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
The software can likely be modified to display in widescreen by adjusting the dpi setting.

muniz_ri

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Yes that's the thing they installed for me. They actually had it in their garage in stock so I didn't need to purchase it and then take it to the place. They already had it in stock
Can you post a pic of the mmi's software version screen? I'm curious to see if the software is the same as that used for BMW EVO or NBT.

Graybush

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
So, looks like you cannot use the touchscreen, is this true?
Sponsored