• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

So I installed android auto & apple car play on my 2.0 ltr 2021 supra

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
How was the install?
Follow the video posted earlier and you'll be fine. It's not hard at all. Take your time. You'll find this interior is put together very well. Every piece gives pretty good feedback when in place.

Most "difficult" part is making it all fit behind the head unit.
Sponsored

Tsuki8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 3.0 AZ BM3 E50 WMI
Welp, I'm middle of installing mine.
Got to the stage of testing.
The normal infotainment works.
When I switch to the box with long pressing the menu button, it is completely blank but the screen is on.
Can anyone help? Maybe the box I got is broken.
Android auto launches and connects to my phone.

Tested with the dipswitches:
1-3: blank; 1-4: blank;

Nevermind got it work, needed a power cycle after picking 1-3.
Still have to code in AUX to get the audio working.

1669766385204.png

Last edited:

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes, it's the dip switches. They need to be set appropriately:
1 ON, 2 ON, rest OFF = 6.5" screen
1 ON, 2 ON, 3 ON, rest OFF = 8.8"/10.25" screen
This doesn't appear to change my resolution at all. I'm afraid if I go back in, it's probably coming out.

My one issue with the software is, I prefer it to wait until I call for it. Mine wants to take over immediately. Minor, but it annoys me.

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
This doesn't appear to change my resolution at all. I'm afraid if I go back in, it's probably coming out.

My one issue with the software is, I prefer it to wait until I call for it. Mine wants to take over immediately. Minor, but it annoys me.
Have you done the recall? After the flash, they added full screen carplay. Maybe it could apply to the android auto trying to stretch to fill the screen? Just throwing stuff there to find solutions

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you done the recall? After the flash, they added full screen carplay. Maybe it could apply to the android auto trying to stretch to fill the screen? Just throwing stuff there to find solutions
I had full screen carplay at delivery. Maybe this is simply the way it is and I'm just an oddball. CarPlay definitely looks better...

Like someone else said...I may just put the old iPhone in the car and turn on my hotspot.

muniz_ri

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW

Interesting that it appears stretched. It sounds like the mmi's software may be outdated. Can you post a picture? Also, which software version came with your unit?

Side note...the new Android Auto Coolwalk UI, which is still in BETA, definately refines the overall look and feel of AA.

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Interesting that it appears stretched. It sounds like the mmi's software may be outdated. Can you post a picture? Also, which software version came with your unit?

Side note...the new Android Auto Coolwalk UI, which is still in BETA, definately refines the overall look and feel of AA.
Here's my current firmware. I'll try to get a screenshot tomorrow.

FYI, this is RoadTop....the "MMI alternative".

IMG_20221128_221938989.jpg

muniz_ri

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Here's my current firmware. I'll try to get a screenshot tomorrow.

FYI, this is RoadTop....the "MMI alternative".

IMG_20221128_221938989.jpg
The only RoadTop fw version that I was able to find online was version ER162. But I examined it and the settings would result in very small Android Auto icons and screen elements which may be what you are referring to as "stretched." But curious to see your screen pic when you get a chance to post one.

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@Tsuki8 did you have to remove the screen too?

Edit: Was unsure due to the video, but the instructions on the kit is pretty clear. So nvm!

Last edited:

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@YellowJackit There appears to be another option for the 10.2in screen, but at another resolution.

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-30 at 7.13.19 PM (1).jpeg

What's the actual resolution of the Supra's screen?

Edit: Just realized it's not the 10.2. Nevermind :cry:

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@YellowJackit There appears to be another option for the 10.2in screen, but at another resolution.

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-30 at 7.13.19 PM (1).jpeg

What's the actual resolution of the Supra's screen?

Edit: Just realized it's not the 10.2. Nevermind :cry:
I think I may simply be wanting more than I should. My nephew looked at it and didn't have any complaints. It's definitely not as smooth as the CarPlay display.

IMG_20221130_160738237.jpg

muniz_ri

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
I think I may simply be wanting more than I should. My nephew looked at it and didn't have any complaints. It's definitely not as smooth as the CarPlay display.

IMG_20221130_160738237.jpg
That does look off. The icons are the correct size but with the 8" screen you should have a split view like this:

625ca4c55e1aca42945a38bc3c86.jpeg
Sponsored