Some1 decided to perform a rear crash test on my BN Supra.. Hit n Run!

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Few posts above the plate shows X5, that'd DMV record as well... You sure you got the right VIN?
I’m assuming the VIN is whatever is on the registration. Maybe the vehicle was stolen and wears a VIN that’s “clean” but from a Jag? Don’t know if there are checks against such things. Also possible DMV made a mistake transcribing the VIN. Either way, great job California!

Another “angle” to explore is to report it as a crime. California has three criminal statues relating to VIN fraud:

https://www.wklaw.com/practice-area...-vehicle-code-sections-10802-10803-and-10750/
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Could very well be. Maybe OP has more info than he's posted here, but I thought he didn't have access to the vehicle or the registration. Maybe I'm wrong, he somehow has the address as well. After all it's a hit and run isn't it? I don't know...

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Could very well be. Maybe OP has more info than he's posted here, but I thought he didn't have access to the vehicle or the registration. Maybe I'm wrong, he somehow has the address as well. After all it's a hit and run isn't it? I don't know...
No, I mean the online report has some copy of some registration which contains the info he is referencing.

OP
OP
Nonschlont

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium & Evo X
It's archived time. Google car/bike/etc. don't go thru the streets all the time neither the satellites (at least they're not updated real-time). In GE, you should be able to see when that street grab is from.
Few posts above the plate shows X5, that'd DMV record as well... You sure you got the right VIN?
I took a pic from the paperwork, then verified it with the VIN on the car.

OP
OP
Nonschlont

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I took a pic from the paperwork, then verified it with the VIN on the car.
as far as the car coming up as a jaguar (MY Supra), basically the body shop is entering the vin in their system so they can look for part #'s, etc..

Their X5 is documented and I/police have info.

Last edited:

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
as far as the car coming up as a jaguar (MY Supra), basically the body shop is entering the vin in their system so they can look for part #'s, etc.. my ins guy says it normal due to being a new vehicle.. I still say bs... IDK

Their X5 is documented and I/police have info. I just got the address, debating with myself, if I'm gonna do anything with that info..
Ohhh. I thought you were saying the online license plate report was saying the X5 had a Jaguar VIN.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
as far as the car coming up as a jaguar (MY Supra), basically the body shop is entering the vin in their system so they can look for part #'s, etc.. my ins guy says it normal due to being a new vehicle.. I still say bs... IDK

Their X5 is documented and I/police have info. I just got the address, debating with myself, if I'm gonna do anything with that info..
It's so bad that it happened to your BN Supra.. pass the information to insurance company and let them deal with it. It is emotional and I'd be beyond pissed off too. But sometimes it is not worth confronting such a shitty A-Holes yourself. let the insurance company deal with those low life. Just focus on getting your Supra back in right condition you want.

OP
OP
Nonschlont

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's so bad that it happened to your BN Supra.. pass the information to insurance company and let them deal with it. It is emotional and I'd be beyond pissed off too. But sometimes it is not worth confronting such a shitty A-Holes yourself. let the insurance company deal with those low life. Just focus on getting your Supra back in right condition you want.
Thanks, I know, you are right! I'm going to let it play out. Just still upset, and feel like it was intentional. I'm still soar in a few spots. =( I was hoping it would just go away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nonschlont

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So, I just got word from my ins. adjuster, that the owner of the vehicle is claiming her car was parked at her friends house, with her passenger side out (WTF) and HER car was hit n run! Like her car was parked backward (illegally) on the street and apparently I drive in reverse..
My blood is boiling ..

Last edited:

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
So, I just got word from my ins. adjuster, that this CUNT is claiming her car was parked at her friends house, with her passenger side out (WTF) and HER car was hit n run! Like her car was parked backward (illegally) on the street and apparently I drive in reverse..
My blood is boiling ..

that is f'ing terrible.. One of my wish is somehow our backup camera always record video so that we can use it in case like this. definitely see if you can find video footage near by.. Good Luck..

OP
OP
Nonschlont

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
that is f'ing terrible.. One of my wish is somehow our backup camera always record video so that we can use it in case like this. definitely see if you can find video footage near by.. Good Luck..
That would be pretty cool, if the rear camera was always on/recording and we could access the footage!
I just spoke with an attorney.. She says I should be golden.

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
So, I just got word from my ins. adjuster, that this CUNT is claiming her car was parked at her friends house, with her passenger side out (WTF) and HER car was hit n run! Like her car was parked backward (illegally) on the street and apparently I drive in reverse..
My blood is boiling ..
I wouldn't worry about it. She thinks she's smart (she's not or she wouldn't have ran) but insurance companies can sift through her bullshit pretty easily after examining the vehicle and determining the speed and trajectory of an impact to validate her claims.

I was once rear ended leaving a lane by a guy barreling down the lane I was leaving. He hit me as I was exiting the lane in my right quarter panel. His insurance gave me a call to hear my story. Anyway, he claimed he hit me as I was entering the lane. So it was his word against mine according to his insurance company. Lo and behold, he was determined to be at fault.

That would be pretty cool, if the rear camera was always on/recording and we could access the footage!
I just spoke with an attorney.. She says I should be golden.

Shes fucked.

OP
OP
Nonschlont

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I guess I should add that, I had the officer go back to the scene of the accident and we both picked up the parts and placed them on the curb..
And I took a pic of all of the shit, including my exhaust tip, I found in the middle of the street.
I'm TRYING to calm down now..
Sponsored

Last edited: