Speedometer correction with Bimmercode?

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
I tried to look around the forums a little and wasn't 100% certain if it was answered or if there was something thrown out in a thread somewhere on how to correct/alter the speedometer readout in these cars?

My biggest concern as some of you may not have thought about this is, with the speedometer actually being over by 2-3mph based off speed that means we will be accruing MORE miles on the car over time than we actually are traveling. I don't necessarily expect to have anything drastic happen after my 10yr warranty is up, however, just in case and also to more accurately have the correct mileage accruing on the speedometer I have an itch to fix this.
Sponsored

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
OP
OP
Vertex

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
My biggest concern as some of you may not have thought about this is, with the speedometer actually being over by 2-3mph based off speed that means we will be accruing MORE miles on the car over time than we actually are traveling. I don't necessarily expect to have anything drastic happen after my 10yr warranty is up, however, just in case and also to more accurately have the correct mileage accruing on the speedometer I have an itch to fix this.
How MPH is shown on the gauge cluster and how it is accumulated in KOMBI (for mileage) are two different things. KOMBI mileage goes off RAW speed, which is before any other gradients.

OP
OP
Vertex

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How MPH is shown on the gauge cluster and how it is accumulated in KOMBI (for mileage) are two different things. KOMBI mileage goes off RAW speed, which is before any other gradients.
If that's true then I don't really need to mess with it and honestly idk why I didn't think about how the board logic truly worked. Honestly thinking about it now that you bring that up, programming it won't even change that anyway :doh:

Joebednar4

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Any idea if this regulates mileage shown on odometer as well? For those of us that changed tire size, mine is definitely off even more, lol. I was hoping somehow I could change it so it reads correctly, and doesn't add miles that aren't actually being added.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Any idea if this regulates mileage shown on odometer as well? For those of us that changed tire size, mine is definitely off even more, lol. I was hoping somehow I could change it so it reads correctly, and doesn't add miles that aren't actually being added.
Read my post above.

NINaudio

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I was under the impression that this didn't work? It didn't seem to do anything for me.
I did this a long time ago and it worked somewhat. Now instead of showing 2-3 mph faster it only shows about 1 mph faster. Better than nothing.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Last edited:

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
As mentioned by others, the stupid BMW speed correction deliberately shows you going faster than it truly knows you to be going, but records a more accurate mileage for the odometer.

This has been the case for a while because my 2011 JCW Mini was like this as well. I don't think we had Bimmercode in those days, so I put a size larger tire on it. Speedo fixed, but the odometer (and as a result, fuel economy stats) would underreport by 3% or whatever. Worthwhile tradeoff.

Main → Instrument Cluster (DKOMBI2) + [Expert] → 3000 ANZENGE_KONFIGURATION → BC_V_KORREKTUR → ohne_korrecktur

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/speedometer-is-not-accurate-23-a90.16437/post-253592
This setting removes some, but not all, of the speedometer error with OEM tires.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
As mentioned by others, the stupid BMW speed correction deliberately shows you going faster than it truly knows you to be going, but records a more accurate mileage for the odometer.
I'm pretty sure all car brands do this, not just beemers.
Sponsored