Stage 2 tune, Boost pressure question.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Hey guys, just got my car tuned on MHD. I went with the Stage 2 OTS map. The OTS map is set to 20-21LBS of boost for target. Under WOT, my passenger said it would hold 20-21 LBS of boost and then randomly show 35 or 41 for a very brief second. I believe it was happening when I let off throttle but he said he couldn't be 100% sure, but MHD did show the 36 and 41lb on the gauge reading.

Anyone have any ideas why? This is my first ever boosted and tuned car so I'm new to having a boost gauge to look at. The gauge is being read through MHD if that matters.
Sponsored

Zero

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 89 Supra
i am not sure for MHD but on my JB4 I had similar issues due to the electronic waste gate, which all I had to do is buy an EWG cable from Burger.
Edit: I am sure the EWG cable will not be a fix for MHD but I am fairly sure it is the wastegate causing the boost spike.

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Just heard back from the Tuner. He said looking at the datalogs its all post shift boost spiking on the boost gauge which is normal. He said manifold pressure stayed perfectly fine.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Just heard back from the Tuner. He said looking at the datalogs its all post shift boost spiking on the boost gauge which is normal. He said manifold pressure stayed perfectly fine.
Yup these is normal. When you shift the pressure has to go somewhere, like out of the waste gate.
Sponsored