Still waiting... How long have you been waiting for your GR Supra allocation/order/update etc.?

How long did you have to wait/have been waiting to receive your GR Supra from the dealership??

• Total voters

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
OKAY! Update! My Supra is safe on US Soil! She came into port 2 days before the collapse into Maryland. Talk about a close call! My car is still on time to the dealer and just waiting to get on train. Talk about a rollercoaster.

I waited 3 years for them to offer a manual (2019-2022), Then 16 months with down-payment once it the MT was offered at multiple dealerships to get one. Ive never waited so long for a car in my life and probably wont ever again lol.
Some of the Lotus Emira buyers who gave $2500 - $3000 to dealerships have been waiting that long. I was one of them until last year. I wish them luck, since electronics reliability has been dismal in the UK.
Sponsored

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 3.0 MT, '23 BRZ, '06 RX-8
OKAY! Update! My Supra is safe on US Soil! She came into port 2 days before the collapse into Maryland. Talk about a close call! My car is still on time to the dealer and just waiting to get on train. Talk about a rollercoaster.

I waited 3 years for them to offer a manual (2019-2022), Then 16 months with down-payment once it the MT was offered at multiple dealerships to get one. Ive never waited so long for a car in my life and probably wont ever again lol.
1 stop closer. I'm similar to you, only became seriously interested once the manual was offered and have had a deposit down for +23 months now. Still no allocation for me at that dealership, but I placed a 2nd deposit at another dealer with an actual VIN# allocation.

kanmann88

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 GR86

What part of the country is your Supra getting delivered to? I'm also waiting on a Stratosphere 3.0 MT that is set to ship out in two weeks. I'm in the midwest, so wasn't sure what port they typically use for those dealers.

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
What part of the country is your Supra getting delivered to? I'm also waiting on a Stratosphere 3.0 MT that is set to ship out in two weeks. I'm in the midwest, so wasn't sure what port they typically use for those dealers.
Idaho Dealer for me. Couldnt get one in my state CO but got one out of state. CO got the shaft on MTs so far. Like maybe 5 came through our state

Benzilla81

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 45th Supra / 2007 Mazdaspeed3
Update on my Strat MT : Dealer called today! Car is on the ship and should arrive at port 4/14-4/19. Looks like Toyota inventory updated their arrival dates to match this as well. Delivery arrival at the dealer is estimated at 4/19-4/24! I cant freaking wait. Cutting it close to my firstborn on 5/19 lol
Good luck man! My allocation hit port on 2/13 and was finally processed on 3/21 and put on a train to get here who knows when. I was told late February arrival, then mid March, then late March, and my latest update is early April. It will be officially be a 1 year wait on 4/15. I wish the Toyota tracker would work so I could sleep at night. šŸ˜‚ Hope your processing doesn't linger on like mine has.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Some of the Lotus Emira buyers who gave $2500 - $3000 to dealerships have been waiting that long. I was one of them until last year. I wish them luck, since electronics reliability has been dismal in the UK.
Surfing the Emira Forum and scheduled for a test soon here in Germany, the US models are as dreadful in some cases as the UK models. Showing the same errors and reliability issues. Software patches not working as well as thought etc. Should be no surprise the electronics/AC etc are all the same. Some cars having ground issues just like European models etc.

ATGTGA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Kia Stinger, 2024 Toyota Supra MT
I guess got lucky with my allocation. Estimated to arrive late May but arrived at dealer last week. Good luck to all!

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Surfing the Emira Forum and scheduled for a test soon here in Germany, the US models are as dreadful in some cases as the UK models. Showing the same errors and reliability issues. Software patches not working as well as thought etc. Should be no surprise the electronics/AC etc are all the same. Some cars having ground issues just like European models etc.
That doesn't surprise me at all. For certain, the electronics are not designed and tested by Toyota. The Toyota powertrain (V6 engine), and its supercharger (Edelbrock/US) should be very reliable, but what good is that assumption when electronics and software are so unreliable?
I'm glad I backed out of that deal, although I love the design.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
That doesn't surprise me at all. For certain, the electronics are not designed and tested by Toyota. The Toyota powertrain (V6 engine), and its supercharger (Edelbrock/US) should be very reliable, but what good is that assumption when electronics and software are so unreliable?
I'm glad I backed out of that deal, although I love the design.
I have interest in the i4 as the Toyota sourced V6 is superb but older tech. There is a weight difference as well but either seem capable of course. The unfortunate part is the support systems, from the AC, electric bus/main harness and software seem just disjointed. I was hoping by now this would be more or less sorted, but it appears not.

The impression is buyers are doing the final testing not done by Lotus proper doesnt it?? The errors people are having, cars off the road for weeks and or months, being bought back in the UK etc are just incredible. Geely are not the worst owner but the Lotus effort is floundering and the customer care end seems like an afterthought. Lotus was never a volume maker. They learn the hardway it appears.

The design is superb and utterly attractive. The execution has been less so. Still no overall improvement even for the US. Appears many of those cars lack the required software updates. They appear to have been shipped and sat waiting for final approval for the US.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have interest in the i4 as the Toyota sourced V6 is superb but older tech. There is a weight difference as well but either seem capable of course. The unfortunate part is the support systems, from the AC, electric bus/main harness and software seem just disjointed. I was hoping by now this would be more or less sorted, but it appears not.

The impression is buyers are doing the final testing not done by Lotus proper doesnt it?? The errors people are having, cars off the road for weeks and or months, being bought back in the UK etc are just incredible. Geely are not the worst owner but the Lotus effort is floundering and the customer care end seems like an afterthought. Lotus was never a volume maker. They learn the hardway it appears.

The design is superb and utterly attractive. The execution has been less so. Still no overall improvement even for the US. Appears many of those cars lack the required software updates. They appear to have been shipped and sat waiting for final approval for the US.
Yes, look how many years it took for the Evora to be somewhat reliable. I test-drove a 2021 Evora GT, and although I was very impressed, it does not have a seat height adjustment. Some owners would make appropriate spacers to raise the seat, but that is not something I thought I'd have to do. Besides, used Evora GTs were being sold at about the same price as a new Emira.

kanmann88

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 GR86
one of the dealerships I deposited with said my supra is coming to them by june at the latest. waited about since october at this one.
Congrats! I have a deposit on an allocation with a St. Louis dealer supposed to arrive around the same time. I hate that the delivery window is so insanely wide

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Baltimore bridge collapse from a freight container shipā€¦hope your car isnā€™t going to Baltimoreā€™s port and hope the missing people are ok. :(

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/baltimore-port-coal-cars-cruise-lines-2024-03-26/

ā€œIt is the busiest U.S. port for car shipments, handling more than 750,000 vehicles in 2023, according to data from the Maryland Port Administration.ā€
Damnā€¦. that on top of Toyota being the highest pent up demand (lowest days supply) of vehicles currently, Iā€™d just find one, buy it, then wait for that perfect one you ā€œwantā€ to arrive. Just about every other brand out there are sitting on surpluses:

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/toyota-highest-demand-lowest-days-supply.21117

Last edited:

WSUPRA

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition
My 6MT has been sitting on a rail car 30min from the dealer for the past week. Hoping I get the call it will be delivered these next few days.

PowerGetter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' 45th Anni Supra 3.0 6MT, 23' Subaru Ascent
I put a deposit late October 2023, and received my 45th Anni 6MT early early February. I actually could have had it sooner, but I was traveling when a 45th came in January and they held it for a week before they informed me they had to sell it to someone else. I had to wait until the next one came in which was the one I got in February. So it took about 3-4 months.
Sponsored