Stock trans blew

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Great input, any particular settings on XHP?
Turn on Drag Race feature, and accept the warning that it will kill your trans super quick etc...

I'm about 27/28 psi on pump gas with meth and there is no way it can handle a WOT 5/6 shift without slipping like crazy.
Sponsored

dn00

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI, A90
Turn on Drag Race feature, and accept the warning that it will kill your trans super quick etc...

I'm about 27/28 psi on pump gas with meth and there is no way it can handle a WOT 5/6 shift without slipping like crazy.
But I can kill my trans for free

TurboZX10R

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 1991 240SX, 2001 Corvette Z06
To op go stage 1 or stage 2 pure trans and don’t look back. My question for you which doesn’t matter to me but for others with stock trans, can you be more specific how the pulls went? One every day until it blew up? Or a long night in Mexico till you had a problem? Might help someone else to make an educated Decision on here.

Razors Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Very interesting situation here… Took my 2020 Supra 3.0 premium for a 3 hour drive up to a tuner that I was dying to work with (very well known and holds records)

I came to him wanting a great tune, but made it clear that I am on stock turbo, stock trans, and stock motor. This tuner has tuned thousands of Supra’s at this point, so I trust that he knows the limits of these cars better than anyone…
Dyno numbers come out to 500whp and 620whtq. The tq seemed very high to me for stock trans but I trusted his judgement.

1 week later, 10 solid pulls later, the trans is blown already. (14k miles on the car)

Not coming here to complain or bad talk my tuner, just want to know what I should do. Am I the idiot for letting him tune to 620whtq? Do I just suck it up and pay the $10k for trans build orrrrr…

I want to also add that the “service” for my tune and the amount of time I waited was ridiculous for paying almost $2k, then to have my trans fail on me a week after being finished.

sorry for the long details. Lmk if I’m just an idiot lol
@Jesse DaBears has a transmission for sale that can hold your torque, not sure if he’s posted it for sale recently….