OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I don’t know if you’ve considered but if anything you can salvage off the car from insurance company for REALLY cheap and rip off whatever you want to keep. May be worth it if you’re looking at a 2024 (targa 🤞). Looks like it took quite the hit but the wing is the 1st thing that comes to mind. You can sell off seats etc it may be worth the part out then scrap. Just a thought. Glad you’re ok. (See you already sniped the ECU)
The insurance company paid out dollar for dollar on all the mods. They took care of me. They gave me substantially more money than what I could have sold the car for before the accident.
Sponsored

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Since no one else has said it, the quality of that video is better than 90% of the "professional" YouTubers out there. You got some skills! Hope to see you back in another Supra soon.

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Since no one else has said it, the quality of that video is better than 90% of the "professional" YouTubers out there. You got some skills! Hope to see you back in another Supra soon.
Austin and his crew were the ones filming. They were awesome. They are tagged on the video. I can't wait to work with them again for future projects.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
The insurance company paid out dollar for dollar on all the mods. They took care of me. They gave me substantially more money than what I could have sold the car for before the accident.
Yes but what I’m saying is it doesn’t mean you can’t capitalize that much more. Just a thought, I’ve had friends do it from an accident and make so much more. Fortunately I’ve never had a baby get crushed but I know from my friend’s experiences.

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Yes but what I’m saying is it doesn’t mean you can’t capitalize that much more. Just a thought, I’ve had friends do it from an accident and make so much more. Fortunately I’ve never had a baby get crushed but I know from my friend’s experiences.
Insurance company had full documentation on what was on the car and the special assessor they sent took picutres of everything. I would have been in some serious legal trouble. They paid me good money well into the 6 figures. They took very good care of me. This was not one of those instances of someone not getting there full amount for their mods.

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Insurance company had full documentation on what was on the car and the special assessor they sent took picutres of everything. I would have been in some serious legal trouble. They paid me good money well into the 6 figures. They took very good care of me. This was not one of those instances of someone not getting there full amount for their mods.
Yes I am speaking of the very low price they will sell you the salvage for after paid out. Buying it from the insurance company for probably 5k then selling anything and everything from air bags to seats, displays, interior trim then selling the almost shell to a scrap yard. There’s nothing illegal about it - all you do is ask how much it would be to buy after payout and they will sell it dirt cheap to you. That’s exactly what companies like co-part etc do. They will always give the original owner first dibs.

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Yes I am speaking of the very low price they will sell you the salvage for after paid out. Buying it from the insurance company for probably 5k then selling anything and everything from air bags to seats, displays, interior trim then selling the almost shell to a scrap yard. There’s nothing illegal about it - all you do is ask how much it would be to buy after payout and they will sell it dirt cheap to you. That’s exactly what companies like co-part etc do. They will always give the original owner first dibs.
Oh yeah. Sorry. Misunderstood. That was mentioned to me. But I just didn't want to deal with the time or logistics. If I had a full shop to do the work myself I may have done it. But even then I don't know if I would have dedicated time to that.

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
***Updated 12/22/2022***

View attachment 70711
View attachment 76910

BUILD SHEET:
  • MECHANICAL/PERFORMANCE
    • Tuning
      • Femto/Visconti Cloned ECU
      • XHP Transmission Tune Stage 2
      • EcuTek Tuned by Botti
        • Map 1 on 93: 480whp / 430wtq
        • Map 2 on 93: 520whp / 470wtq
        • Map 1 on E70: 630whp / 580wtq
        • Map 2 on E70: 740 whp / 680 wtq
        • Map 3 on E70: 830 whp / 760 wtq
    • Engine/Cooling/Exhaust/Powertrain/Fueling:
      • Visconti Fueling Kit:
        • Sequential Port Injection w/ID 1050x injectors
        • Flex Fuel Kit with Motiv Reflex Controller
        • Low Pressure Fuel Pump
      • Full Race Turbo Kit
        • Full Race Downpipe (Ceramic Coated)
        • 2X Tial Wastegates
        • Tial BOV
        • 2X Full Race Dump Tubes(Ceramic Coated)
        • Full Race 6 Port Manifold(Ceramic Coated)
        • Full Race Charge Pipe
      • PTE 6466 - Polished w/ T51R mod
      • Remark Catback Exhaust
      • CSF Heat Exchanger
      • CSF Transmission Cooler
      • CSF Aux Radiator
      • EOS Intake/Intercooler Manifold
      • EOS Oil Filter Relocation kit (Kia Stinger filter now used)
      • Torque Solutions Turbo Blanket
      • Radium Dual Catch Can
      • DSS Axles
      • Stage 1 Pure Transmission Rebuild (1000hp / 850tq)
    • Suspension/Wheels/Frame:
      • RS*R Best-i Active Coilove
      • Allstar Performance Spring Perch Spacer (seat rounded off to fit rubber perch)
      • R1 Concepts Big Brake Kit- 6 piston front and 6 piston rear with E-brake
      • Torque Solution Strut Bars (Customized)
      • MRG 82mm Stud Conversion Kit
      • Cusco Trunk Brace
      • SPL Front Lower Control Arm
      • 20" SSR SP1 Wheels (Customized to mount TPMS)
        • Front: 20x9.5 +22 MD 80mm Lip (+19 with spacers)
          • 3mm Wheel Spacers in the front
        • Rear: 20x10.5 +30 SL 105mm Lip
      • Michelin PS4S Tires
        • Front: 275/30 20
        • Rear: 305/30 20
      • Visconti Ride Height Sensor Bracket Upgrade

• AESTHETICS/AERO/RICE
    • Engine Bay:
      • Verus Washer Fluid Cap
      • Verus Engine Bay Cap Kit
      • Verus Gas Cap
      • Verus A/C Cap Kit
      • Titanium Works Rear Toyota Emblem w/backplate
      • AMS Engine cover
      • AMS ECU cover
      • NV Specialties CF Radiator cover
      • NV Specialties Rear Engine Bay Covers
      • SCS Intake Manifold plaque
      • Dress Up Bolts Stage 1 Kit
      • JD Custom Bolts
      • HPS Bleeder Bolt
      • Rexpeed Coolant Cover
    • Interior:
      • ECS Steering Wheel
      • AutoTecknic Paddle Shifters
    • Exterior:
      • AutoTecknic Carbon Mirror Cover
      • Revel CF Door Moulding Cover
      • AMS Gloss Black Wind Deflectors
      • STREETHUNTER Wing (customized to fit A91 Spoiler)
      • Lift Support Depot 152 lbs Quick Release Trunk
      • A91 Spoiler Painted Body Color
      • P2uned Door Garnish (CF finished in body color)
      • Seibon Roof Spoiler
      • Seibon MB Diffuser
      • Seibon MB Skirts
      • Seibon MB Front Lip
      • Seibon TSII Hood
      • Varis Track Edition Fenders
      • Varis Carbon Fiber Fender Protectors
      • OEM Reflectors Shaved and Painted
      • Bumper Reflectors Smoked
Question bout the e70, is that the sweet spot for you with the build? What were your numbers on straight E

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I'm building a new high end PC while I wait for the 2024 Supra announcement.

The powersupply and custom cables wont be in until February. I'm using pure carbon fiber tubing for the water loop. It is way cheaper than I thought it would be.

It is so disheartening that people take pieces of $8 CF tubing, turn it into a strut brace, and sell it for $1000.
20230111_212125.jpg

20230111_212202.jpg

20230111_212216.jpg

20230111_212236.jpg

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
I'm building a new high end PC while I wait for the 2024 Supra announcement.

The powersupply and custom cables wont be in until February. I'm using pure carbon fiber tubing for the water loop. It is way cheaper than I thought it would be.

It is so disheartening that people take pieces of $8 CF tubing, turn it into a strut brace, and sell it for $1000.
20230111_212125.jpg

20230111_212202.jpg

20230111_212216.jpg

20230111_212236.jpg
Beautiful build. I use to be so into pc building for a while and wanted a liquid cooled pc for a long time. Whats the specs in this thing?

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Beautiful build. I use to be so into pc building for a while and wanted a liquid cooled pc for a long time. Whats the specs in this thing?
MB: Asus Z790 Extreme
CPU: 13900K w/ water block
GPU: RTX 4090 w/ water block
Storage: 5 x 2 TB PCIE 4.0 NVMe SSDs RAID 0 to show as 1 x 10TB drive.
Memory: 64GB DDR5 7200
9 fans
3 slim radiators
DDC pump with reservoir
A bunch of fittings in a satin Titanium finish

I did a few acrylic tubes with bends and it looked way too organic for this case. So I decided to go with right angle fittings for the bends and use CF tubing. Gives it a utilitarian look.

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Any overclocking planned? I used to be really into overclocking CPU/RAM/GPU but with my current build I never found the time, not to mention stock specs these days are great.

When I started getting into modding the Supra, I was amused at how many analogies you could draw between PC building/overclocking and car modding/tuning.

OP
OP
Mimosa

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Any overclocking planned? I used to be really into overclocking CPU/RAM/GPU but with my current build I never found the time, not to mention stock specs these days are great.

When I started getting into modding the Supra, I was amused at how many analogies you could draw between PC building/overclocking and car modding/tuning.
I will be overclocking.

I agree with comparing this to modding a car. Once I looked at the car as a big ass computer/Lego blocks, I was able to start working on it myself without worrying about things.

This was my first build and I can't wait to transfer my start my next one with the experience and connections I made.

Like with this PC Build I am doing, the next car build will be even better.
Sponsored