Snorlax27

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
With a flex tune, does it have to always be at E50 blend? Are the clearances for the tune between E40-E60?

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
With a flex tune, does it have to always be at E50 blend? Are the clearances for the tune between E40-E60?
So quick review of this thread, here are my thoughts.

- Making 500whp on 91, I wouldnt even recommend it without meth, but would 100% require a turbo upgrade regardless.
- You can make 500whp easily on E50 blend. This is easy to do. Simply put 5-6 gallons of ethanol and fill the rest up with pump gas.
- Flex Fuel Kit is recommended. Essentially so you dont have worry about the ethanol content and can run any blend you want and never have to worry about what the ethanol content is. Pump fuel in it and roll.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions at all. We have plenty of customers based on the west coast and tune 91oct daily. We've tuned more MKV's than anyone in the world, so we have a little experience :)

Email: [email protected]
Text Message: 252-314-5604

OP
OP
Snorlax27

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So quick review of this thread, here are my thoughts.

- Making 500whp on 91, I wouldnt even recommend it without meth, but would 100% require a turbo upgrade regardless.
- You can make 500whp easily on E50 blend. This is easy to do. Simply put 5-6 gallons of ethanol and fill the rest up with pump gas.
- Flex Fuel Kit is recommended. Essentially so you dont have worry about the ethanol content and can run any blend you want and never have to worry about what the ethanol content is. Pump fuel in it and roll.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions at all. We have plenty of customers based on the west coast and tune 91oct daily. We've tuned more MKV's than anyone in the world, so we have a little experience :)

Email: [email protected]
Text Message: 252-314-5604
Thank you for the valuable information Marshall. I appreciate it.

Typically for these vehicles, have you seen people run a dedicated E85 map rather than a flex fuel map? Is there an advantage of having one over the other or is the difference negligible? Thanks!

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Thank you for the valuable information Marshall. I appreciate it.

Typically for these vehicles, have you seen people run a dedicated E85 map rather than a flex fuel map? Is there an advantage of having one over the other or is the difference negligible? Thanks!
Absolutely no need.

1. You dont want to run over ~E50. The stock fuel system is going to max out here. You can run higher ethanol percent, but you will only make less power.

2. With flex fuel, you have 1 tune file. That 1 tune file will automatically compensate for all ethanol percentages accordingly. Regardless if its needing to add timing/fueling or reduce, based on your ethanol content. From E0-E100.

OP
OP
Snorlax27

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Absolutely no need.

1. You dont want to run over ~E50. The stock fuel system is going to max out here. You can run higher ethanol percent, but you will only make less power.

2. With flex fuel, you have 1 tune file. That 1 tune file will automatically compensate for all ethanol percentages accordingly. Regardless if its needing to add timing/fueling or reduce, based on your ethanol content. From E0-E100.
Awesome, thank you for clarifying. Sounds like flex fuel is the way to go :thumbsup:

Kristos

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 Corvette GS, 2012 BOSS 302
I fill up at a 7:6 ratio of e85:93 to get my e50(ish). Just requires two fills and two charges on the card.
I run 4.5 gallon of 93 and top off, 7+ gallons of E85. Runs like a beast and getting 490 WHP with stock DP and Turbo!!! EcuTeck Tune from Maron Nelson.

jay1k2

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IS350, 2020 Cayman GT4
I run 4.5 gallon of 93 and top off, 7+ gallons of E85. Runs like a beast and getting 490 WHP with stock DP and Turbo!!! EcuTeck Tune from Maron Nelson.
Nice! I'm also running Ecutek with flex fuel E50-E60 generally, and tuned by Marin. Haven't dyno'd the car but it feels incredibly fast.

OP
OP
Snorlax27

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What flex fuel kits are you guys running?

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
What flex fuel kits are you guys running?
We’ve struggled to keep them in stock. With the amount sold, I’d have to say that most are using our kit.
Sponsored