Supra Brake Assist Engine Recall

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
Just received a letter from Toyota this morning saying that my Supra (69 plate) falls under the recall for the Brake Assist Engine Management Software.

The fix sounds like it's a update of the engine management software, but as mine is currently running a Litchfield stage 1, I'm a bit worried as I've seen the posts from US users saying that either the ECU is locked or they see other problems since the recall. Even if there is no issue, it is still going to mean I need to go back down to Litchfield and pay for them to reapply the tune.

Any other UK drivers with tunes concerned about this?

[Edit] I've spoken to Litchfield and they need to flash back the original tune before I take it to Toyota, so having that done in a couple of weeks, then will let Toyota do their bit and then back down to Litchfield to have it remapped back to where it is now.

So should all work out, it's just a faff with a lot of back and forth.
Sponsored

Last edited:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Threads on threads on threads on threads on threads on this.

If your car was previously tuned or tunable you'll need a bench unlock. That simple. @Marshall@ViscontiTuning has posted a full document on this, which I've linked a dozen times. Search bar.

OP
OP
Sunstorm

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for your input, the reason I posted after checking the other threads is that everything I saw before was US cars and so wanted a UK take things.

I'll be sure not to waste anyone elses time in future.

NewGuy

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium,18 X5 M
Threads on threads on threads on threads on threads on this.

If your car was previously tuned or tunable you'll need a bench unlock. That simple. @Marshall@ViscontiTuning has posted a full document on this, which I've linked a dozen times. Search bar.
Lol I feel like you have this saved in a template. I've seen this response on a couple threads already.:D

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Pro, Toyota MR2 Mk3, Audi A2
Thanks for your input, the reason I posted after checking the other threads is that everything I saw before was US cars and so wanted a UK take things.

I don't think that you were wasting anyone's time as it was a genuine UK based query. Just unfortunate that someone from the US decided to stick his oar in where it wasn't wanted. ?

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Thanks for posting this thread for the UK, Helps everyone here in the UK as we have many differences. Not only that I think many more will be getting letters soon.

I also just got my letter for the same thing :(
21 Plate built in Jan2020

However I don't have a Tune or anything but still would be disappointed if it gets locked in case I do want to in future.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450

Not a waste of time. Reasonable query

Main difference is the ECU in England has a funny accent

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Is there anywhere we can pre emptively check this in the UK, or just have to wait it out for a letter?

rjn21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
I didn’t think any of the UK Supras were affected…
All UK 3.0 Supras are subject to the recall, unless they were delivered to the buyer with an I-level equal to or later than S18T-21-07-519, (Supra, 2021, July, 519 but ignore that last number), meaning the dealer updated them at PDI, as the UK field full of stock cars have not been updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sunstorm

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is there anywhere we can pre emptively check this in the UK, or just have to wait it out for a letter?
I think you can also check by putting the registration into check-mot.service.gov.uk and below the mot details it should have a section on outstanding recalls