Supra Coding Step By Step

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
I haven't checked these out yet. Which menu and settings did you have to use for these?
i just went down all the modules individually and selected what seemed interesting, i did select the z4 setup and not the supra option in bimmercode
Sponsored

EndlessProjectsSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2013 WideBody Accord, 2011 Silverado PreRunner, 1985 Mercedes Benz
Vehicle Showcase
i just went down all the modules individually and selected what seemed interesting, i did select the z4 setup and not the supra option in bimmercode
Yup! Coded the same things. Watched @CarGuy11’s video on YT.
Got the https://www.obdlink.com/mxp/
Downloaded BimmerCode and BimmerLink

BimmerLink you can use to clear error codes. When I removed my OEM seat to test fit a racing seat I got a driver restraint warning. BimmerLink easily cleared it instantly.

The codes I did were:
-Auto On/Off memory is on
-Active Sound Design is off
-Seat belt wind chime is off
-Start up warning off
-Backup camera warning off
-USB Video is on

-Daytime LCD Brightness on
Go to EXPERT MODE, select PIP CONFIG then DIM VARIENT

An important one for me was brightness. I turned off Brightness at Night so it’s just overall brightness day or not. MUCH more visible with polarized glasses.

FC570A90-06D2-454B-BDDE-F60C61022E1C.png

CDA50484-2199-4742-82DC-DDE574CBFF98.png

EndlessProjectsSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2013 WideBody Accord, 2011 Silverado PreRunner, 1985 Mercedes Benz
Vehicle Showcase
AND for those wondering, like I was lol
I have since taken my car into the dealership for a separate warning code to be cleared. THEY DID NOT MENTION THE OTHER CODING. I was worried I might have to revert to stock each time it went to the dealership to not run into warranty issues but they said nothing about it. So I assume most would be the same.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have the following coded:

• Auto On/Off memory - on
  • Active Sound Design - off
  • Start up warning - off
  • Backup camera warning - off
  • DIM Screen Brightness - on

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
I have the following coded:

• Auto On/Off memory - on
  • Active Sound Design - off
  • Start up warning - off
  • Backup camera warning - off
  • DIM Screen Brightness - on
is the active sound really that noticeable though?

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
is the active sound really that noticeable though?
Very noticeable....Once you remove the faux engine sound overlay it becomes quite obvious how noticeable it was...

And it's so much better without it...Made a noticeable improvement to the quality / clarity of music during the drive...The low end in particular is much less distorted now...

ParsingZero

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium
Very noticeable....Once you remove the faux engine sound overlay it becomes quite obvious how noticeable it was...

And it's so much better without it...Made a noticeable improvement to the quality / clarity of music during the drive...The low end in particular is much less distorted now...
I agree. Music sound much improved with engine noise deactivated. Much less distortion which probably contributed to some of the early criticism of the premium sound system quality.

OP
OP
CarGuy11

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
^^^ The CarGuy11 YouTube video at the start of this thread shows the difference in sound with the Active Sound On & Off. It's a very noticeable change but beware there is no going back. You have to restore from backup if you want it back on.

Last edited:

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
^^^ The CarGuy11 YouTube video at the start of this thread shows the difference in sound with the Active Sound On & Off. It's a very noticeable change but beware there is not going back. You have to restore from backup if you want it back on.
Yeah, I figured most everything I changed would have to be restored through the backup files anyways....no big deal...

But honestly I can't see myself wanting to re-activate that faux exhaust noise through the sound system ever again!

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
I agree. Music sound much improved with engine noise deactivated. Much less distortion which probably contributed to some of the early criticism of the premium sound system quality.
I took the obd Mx+ off of CarGuys hands.

Agree with you guys, sound quality seems to have improved a ton with the active sound disabled!

Down167

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Active Sound de-activated makes an enormous difference in my opinion. The car sounds natural now, the subwoofers don't rattle your brain apart and the music sounds great! It is not competing with the car anymore.

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
Active Sound de-activated makes an enormous difference in my opinion. The car sounds natural now, the subwoofers don't rattle your brain apart and the music sounds great! It is not competing with the car anymore.
I noticed the same thing after getting rid of the faux engine noise. The sound system works much better and the car sounds fantastic with its natural bellowing. I don’t get why they felt the need to add the fake noise.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Really sux this is a thing to begin with but on the other hand, really wish those assholes with 4bangers and huge fart cans would go this route so the rest the civilized world didnt need to hear it.

too bad bimmercode doesnt let you force the exhaust flap opened like bimmerlink. Im aware you could just unplug it but it should be a software option imho.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
^^^ Doesn’t Sport Mode keep flap open at all times?
ultimately yes but it also changes the shifting characteristics of the car (and suspension but that is besides the point). The tranny being forced into a lower gear resulting in higher revs and more gas burn cruising around town.

i read somewhere that bmw flaps stays closed until the car warms up and then opens until 7th gear and then closes again for 7th and 8th.

those who go the unplug route need to seal the connection too.
Sponsored