tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
....once this setting was done the thumbwheel has no effect on any brightness adjustment, be it instrument cluster or head display. ....
The thumbwheel brightness adjust still functions on mine after I coded the display brightness change...And yes the display screen is way brighter after the change was made...

With your car parked the garage and lights off try using the thumbwheel and you'll see that the thumbwheel does indeed vary the brightness of both the instrument cluster and the head display even after "DIM_VARIANT = old" is set....It's far more obvious at dark but the thumbwheel brightness adjust does still function...At least on mine after the change was made...
Sponsored

Last edited:

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It's far more obvious at dark but the thumbwheel brightness adjust does still function...At least on mine after the change was made...

I never even noticed the thumbwheel doing anything during the day and assumed it was only for brightness adjustments at night. The temp display is different during the day and night. During the day itā€™s white and at night itā€™s amber. After coding the DIM_VARIANT, my thumbwheel absolutely still works for night brightness. It adjusts both the console and the display but the brightness control of the display works independently from the wheel at any time day or night.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I never even noticed the thumbwheel doing anything during the day and assumed it was only for brightness adjustments at night. The temp display is different during the day and night. During the day itā€™s white and at night itā€™s amber. After coding the DIM_VARIANT, my thumbwheel absolutely still works for night brightness. It adjusts both the console and the display but the brightness control of the display works independently from the wheel at any time day or night.
exactly!

The thumbwheel does work after coding dim variant but I always keep both the display and thumbwheel settings at max and haven't felt the need to adjust brightness regardless of day or night....

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
7BE70146-DB97-4F4F-A64C-1DFABAB371BA.jpeg

Was taking a look at the interior turn signals and Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s any way in BimmerCode to make the signals pop up at the top of the gauge cluster rather than in the middle of the cluster. It looks like thereā€™s already a spot for them and I bet it would look much cleaner at the top.

Last edited:

Brandido

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra; 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Is the first backup under the BimmerCode, basically the original factory settings?

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Yup...providing itā€™s the only device you have used with BimmerCode.
Can I revert one thing back to factory settings, or is it all or none?? If so, I wish I didnā€™t play around with the start up screen... I want the original Supra welcome screen back, but everything else is perfect

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium (Downshift Blue)
Can I revert one thing back to factory settings, or is it all or none?? If so, I wish I didnā€™t play around with the start up screen... I want the original Supra welcome screen back, but everything else is perfect
Probably. Youā€™d just be installing new code over the change you already made...or...code in a backup.

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Probably. Youā€™d just be installing new code over the change you already made...or...code in a backup.
Right but the default Supra start up screen isnā€™t an option to record. So I think I have to restore everything to get it back.

My changes:
ON Sport mode
OFF Auto on/off
30% mirror tilt with reverse
ON Ability to roll windows up/down with door open
OFF active sound pumped in thru speakers
OFF infotainment warning at start
OFF camera warning display
OFF seatbelt alert
ON increased NAV brightness

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium (Downshift Blue)
Right but the default Supra start up screen isnā€™t an option to record. So I think I have to restore everything to get it back.

My changes:
ON Sport mode
OFF Auto on/off
30% mirror tilt with reverse
ON Ability to roll windows up/down with door open
OFF active sound pumped in thru speakers
OFF infotainment warning at start
OFF camera warning display
OFF seatbelt alert
ON increased NAV brightness
The start-up screen, as I recall, isn't an option ... which would mean restoring from a backup. That would mean all other headunit ECU changes will also end up restored to whatever backup you use.

Unless I'm positive, I usually code each change separately. In doing so, if I screw up, I need only use the appropriate backup to restore it....but it means keeping close track of which date/time backups are which.

Bimmercode isn't very user-friendly in this respect.

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
@Nocturnal LE what is your start up screen now? I have almost the same ones marked as you and didn't have any changes on startup screen. I think there might be a setting that was overlooked possibly? Did you go into Expert Mode at all?

There is a startup animation selection that might have gotten changed. Go Headunit > Display Options iDrive > Start Animation > several selections to choose from.

As far as your options, these are three changes that I have not done so one of them could be the culprit too. I would just code one setting back to OE and see what happens. If not then try the next one.

Your changes:
ON Ability to roll windows up/down with door open > Not Activated
OFF seatbelt alert > Not Activated
ON increased NAV brightness > Not Activated
Sponsored