Supra pops after driving it

dragonhunter241

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
My Supra make pops even after done driving it and it’s just sitting there parked. Is this normal? Does this happen to other Supra’s? The pops are coming from under the body near the exhausts.
Sponsored

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten 3.0 Premium, 2020 Lexus RC350 FSport
I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like it is just heat expansion and contraction on the exhaust and other warm parts. Normal after getting the car hot and then letting it sit to cool after. I guess you could check to see if the exhaust valve on the right exhaust outlet is being actuated or something, but that seems unlikely.

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like it is just heat expansion and contraction on the exhaust and other warm parts. Normal after getting the car hot and then letting it sit to cool after.

this....sounds normal. should go away after the system cools down

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
I have noticed, that this car sounds like old 90s cars after driving them. Like either some sort of condensation or something dripping onto underpanels or something.

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
2020 Widebody 3.0 Premium / 93 FD RX7 / 90 240sx
My Supra make pops even after done driving it and it’s just sitting there parked. Is this normal? Does this happen to other Supra’s? The pops are coming from under the body near the exhausts.
perfectly normal! Just metal cooling down

Lilchief

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium, 2015 Corolla LE
How many miles does your car have? Mine makes the same exact noise too.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Mine does the same. 6k miles. Just metal cooling down.

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Could be the exhaust valve actuator opening/closing.

If you see the exhaust valve fixed then assume the resonator expanding contracting which is perfectly normal.

Good luck.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
That's the sound it makes when you were using the car correctly during the previous drive. If you never got it up to temperature and/or drove it like a grandma... it would pop much less (and be utterly pointless). Mine's done it every one of the 350+ days I've driven it. ;)

... it will get a bit better after 10K miles or so (at least it did in my case) once all the metal in the exhaust and heat-shielding gets more "settled" - it will still do it some however.

Meanie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Roll down your windows when you’re at a stop light, you’ll also hear the pinging there when idling :D

toYoda

First Name
Chosen1
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 ToYoda Supra
It's normal, mine did that up until like 4k miles last I remembered then suddenly stopped one day. I'm at 13k now haven't heard it since that 4k mileage mark

SUPRA90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR SUPRA A91
My A91 does it too. I’m going to figure out which exhaust component is expanding/contracting and get rid of it. Good excuse to get a new exhaust.
Sponsored