SupraMKV Interview with Tada-San on 2021 GR Supra

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Oh didn’t add in the OP, if anyone have feedback of what you like &/or don’t like about current Supra, please lmk
We don't know what MY21 will hold, but almost all much older and current sports cars (GTR, Charger, Challenger, Corvette, ...) in the market have displays like temp, boost, 0-60, 60-0, built into the displays. I haven't driven a BMW or Porsche lately so I don't know if they have it, but for such a poised interior (vs something like 86's interior), I don't think many people want to add gauges, add phones/lap timers just to get these simple stuff these days. Even if they wanted to, they have to get very creative with chargers and cables with the super limited space and limited 12V sockets. So added functionality or completely removed Performance Page.
Remove the "coding" from the dash for "Secret" menu and integrate it to Perf. Page!

Additional 12V in the glove compartment.

Does A91 come with wind buffeting solution??? Pictures suggest it doesn't. We were told they'd work on it..
Sponsored

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Oh didn’t add in the OP, if anyone have feedback of what you like &/or don’t like about current Supra, please lmk
Having owned mine for 5 months now.

- I am surprised and love how analogue the car feels with all driver assistance off
overall, I really love the car, and I own modified second, third and fourth gen Supras too. The A90 feels like a Supra.

My biggest complaints, being minor
- Not being able to adjust the angle at which the side mirror adjusts to when reversing
- No oil/water/boost data on the performance screens
- Louder please (I'm an Au "middle volume" exhaust)

Great interview, thank you.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

MrBenoJacko

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86
Awsome interview!

Possible question for next time: Will there be an update of the interior which is a similar design to the Z4 M40i that's more "Supra like" which wraps around the driver and looks more like the traditional driver oriented 'fighter pilot cockpit' styling?

Shame to hear the new 86 might be a disappointment

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
It seems he has said using the front strut supports will cause understeer and oversteer. I got the Cusco and like it a lot (front), and would like to hear from anyone else that has the Cusco, as I know they are out there because the sites that carry these are sold out.
Yeah, I was told not to add it because of oversteer issues entering a curve.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Great read, he really seemed to put the 2020 on the backburner, which kinda hurt... But I still love my car! Hope you guys do too
yeah, basically what I took away is, we told you there would be a power bump, and it’s not too soon during the first year. And we need to try to compete with the Porsche?? And that we are behind. No kidding. I hate to tell you this Tada Shan, you ain’t catching the Porsche anytime soon in this car. Lol

Which I am confused bc I didn’t know this car was even in the same market as a Porsche?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
yeah, basically what I took away is, we told you there would be a power bump, and it’s not too soon during the first year. And we need to try to compete with the Porsche?? And that we are behind. No kidding. I hate to tell you this Tada Shan, you ain’t catching the Porsche anytime soon in this car. Lol

Which I am confused bc I didn’t know this car was even in the same market as a Porsche?
It's been a base Cayman rival from the get go. Maybe even a Cayman S. Problem with Porsche is, EVERYTHING is an optional extra. Might be able to buy a Cayman for the same money as a Supra, but don't expect anything in it. Like the C8 Corvette. Yeah, you can technically get one for $60k. Would you want to?

No.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
It's been a base Cayman rival from the get go. Maybe even a Cayman S. Problem with Porsche is, EVERYTHING is an optional extra. Might be able to buy a Cayman for the same money as a Supra, but don't expect anything in it. Like the C8 Corvette. Yeah, you can technically get one for $60k. Would you want to?

No.
Me being in the market for a Supra, I was never even looking at a Porsche. Didn’t even think about it..... As I spoke to Toyota dealerships, they said most Supra buyers are basically Hardcore Supra guys and that always been into the Supra.

Basically your saying, he is trying sway Porsche and C8 buyers into a Supra?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Me being in the market for a Supra, I was never even looking at a Porsche. Didn’t even think about it..... As a spoke to the Toyota dealerships, they said most of the Supra buyers are basically Supra fans and that always been into the Supra. Basically your saying, he is trying sway Porsche and C8 buyers into a Supra?
No I'm saying that for the base price of those 2 cars, you get nothing extra. A comparable equipped Cayman costs $75k, has 300 hp and 4 cylinders. Making the Supra a better value. C8 owners/buyers won't even look at a Supra. I'm just using it to demonstrate that a C8 with some equipment on it, will be in the $70-$90k range.
But as far as Porsche Cayman goes, yeah that's a direct rival. I did cross shop the 2. And others.
Sponsored