SupraMKV Interview with Tada-San on 2021 GR Supra

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
yeap exactly the same. What are you smoking?
I need to stop being so hard on Bryster, but this is the same guy who said the RC-F was basically a modern version of the 1st gen Celica. It's just a little bit painful sometimes. We're all welcome to our opinions though of course.
Sponsored

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
I need to stop being so hard on Bryster, but this is the same guy who said the RC-F was basically a modern version of the 1st gen Celica. It's just a little bit painful sometimes. We're all welcome to our opinions though of course.
I meant in terms of size
So one is talking about how big and the other how you use it.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
In hindsight, I have a lot of weird takes

tfoxyr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
suzuki swift sport
I meant in terms of size
They have literally nothing in common including size (ok except the brand name). At this point i just assume you are trolling or you are high hence the honest question.

Last edited:

Hakkim23

First Name
Basith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Toyota Camry
The GR Corolla with the same drivetrain as the GR Yaris should be coming. Apparently is not a project Tada was on but it was an all in house Toyota project in gestation for many years as a rally car first which then got the green light for a production version.

A70 mentioned that there will be very minor differences in the AWD system but that it’s all essentially the same architecture. What I hope comes along with that is the option for front and rear Torsen options.

The C-HR should be getting a detuned version of its driveline in some form but the GR Corolla is the one you’ll actually want.

Based on rumblings here on the 2nd Gen 86/BRZ I’m not sure what’s happening with it other than that Toyota has a bullet list of what they want but isn’t intimately involved any longer. But hopefully it will remain RWD, 6-speed manual, LSD equipped and for once turbocharged.
Yeah I've been hearing about a possibility that the GR Yaris drivetrain will come to the Corolla and possibly CH-R
If Toyota seriously makes this car, then I'm getting it over the Veloster N!

Hakkim23

First Name
Basith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Toyota Camry
The GR Corolla with the same drivetrain as the GR Yaris should be coming. Apparently is not a project Tada was on but it was an all in house Toyota project in gestation for many years as a rally car first which then got the green light for a production version.

A70 mentioned that there will be very minor differences in the AWD system but that it’s all essentially the same architecture. What I hope comes along with that is the option for front and rear Torsen options.

The C-HR should be getting a detuned version of its driveline in some form but the GR Corolla is the one you’ll actually want.

Based on rumblings here on the 2nd Gen 86/BRZ I’m not sure what’s happening with it other than that Toyota has a bullet list of what they want but isn’t intimately involved any longer. But hopefully it will remain RWD, 6-speed manual, LSD equipped and for once turbocharged.
Oh and Tada-san did talk about a bit on the new 86 despite that he's not going to be part of it
The new 86 will be known as GR86 (I think that's pretty cool) and so far it will still have the basics: RWD, 6-speed manual, and LSD and it will get a turbo boxer engine which will be pretty cool
And I think he also hinted a new MR2

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
“If you just added front braces on ‘20 model Supra, it wouldn’t work as it should. When a driver would turn-in, it would understeer. During the exit, it would oversteer. You can’t just stiffen up the chassis. We needed to think of both front and rear balance. With this update, we readjusted all those things.”

Well there goes that whole “we left this blank for the aftermarket companies” speech...

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes, he's very knowledgeable person. Glad to meet him for sure.

Let's just say... I'm glad, I owned 86 already. Future of 86 isn't looking good. It's not like I know everything, just what I've heard so far.

FYI Tada-san isn't involved in next gen 86.

Sorry, I had very limited time and had to choose which questions I ask AND try not to change the flow of the interview. Trust me, that question was in the list along with 50 other questions... but couldn't get all of em.
Unfortunate you didn’t ask about the update.... that was the most important question of all for most of us here

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
“If you just added front braces on ‘20 model Supra, it wouldn’t work as it should. When a driver would turn-in, it would understeer. During the exit, it would oversteer. You can’t just stiffen up the chassis. We needed to think of both front and rear balance. With this update, we readjusted all those things.”

Well there goes that whole “we left this blank for the aftermarket companies” speech...

I know, it's like he's saying they screwed up the design of the 20 Supra's chassis.

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know, it's like he's saying they screwed up the design of the 20 Supra's chassis.
So..... should I add braces or not? He just skullf_cked my whole thought process lol
Sponsored