Take a look at the new Supra!!! Full vehicle revealed by Toyota Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLuveKetchup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT4
Reminds me of a modern day Z3 coupe clown shoe. Not sure if it's because of the color but first impression leaves me disappointed.
Sponsored

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Reminds me of a modern day Z3 coupe clown shoe. Not sure if it's because of the color but first impression leaves me disappointed.
Only because a meme on the internet told you so. If you didn't know it was related to Z4 in anyway you wouldnt say that

"dEy L0oK eXaCtLy dA sAmE"
sc2-jpg.jpg

1860506532_50062b55a7_b.jpg

palmej1

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 86 860 Special Edition 6MT, 2008 Lexus ISF, 2018 Highlander XLE
A wheel from the factory will never be flush with the fender at the top of the arch if the wheel sticks out past part of the arch

Thats why cars like the RC-F have this piece stuck on to avoid said regulations
a14_19af43a5-dd99-4b34-acf9-94168989b226_480x480.png
Agreed, it will never be fully flush but some manufacturers have figured it out more than Toyota and Lexus, unfortunately. 991.2 911, C7 Z06, and GT350 to name a few.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Agreed, it will never be fully flush but some manufacturers have figured it out more than Toyota and Lexus, unfortunately. 991.2 911, C7 Z06, and GT350 to name a few.
Perhaps its the design language of the body they are going for. IMO its what makes proper fitting aftermarket wheels look so good on the RC-F

iLuveKetchup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT4
I wasn't aware of a meme about it. I referenced it because it was designed with BMW and the silhouette is more BMW influenced.

The proportions seem off. Looks too narrow for it's length, too much visual weight towards rear, and long nose.

The FRS or BRZ looks more properly proportioned for a Toyota coupe .

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I wasn't aware of a meme about it. I referenced it because it was designed with BMW and the silhouette is more BMW influenced.

The proportions seem off. Looks too narrow for it's length, too much visual weight towards rear, and long nose.

:crazy:

The leak specs says it's the same height as the 86 and overall longer. It has a long hood because the 2000GT and Supra that came before it also had a long hood.

iLuveKetchup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT4
:crazy:

The leak specs says it's the same height as the 86 and overall longer. It has a long hood because the 2000GT and Supra that came before it also had a long hood.
I guess you don't understand what proportion means.:crazy: I'm not talking absolute length, width, and height.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i

I have a working theory that the front bumper is to blame for seeming visually narrow despite being a wider car. If i were better a photoshop I could show you lol

As for a short deck and long nose, the supra has always had that so who is copying who?

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Also fully loaded I6 1485kg is not THAT bad, FType is 1600+, M2Comp 1600+ also...
Will there be some lighter seats package? Resonable weight buckets like in GT86 + I4 would be maybe in 1400-1450 range :)

SennaHamilton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AP2 and 987r (original owner) and Mk7 GTI (daily)
you are correct, the japanese automakers haven't figured out how to make an aggressive offset from the factory.

european cars aside from their sporty wheel offsets from late 90s and 00s, have currently managed to extend out the OEM wheel hubs to help with the flush looked your after.

the extended wheel hubs also make for a tamer looking oem wheel, so the wheel offsets aren't as aggressive as say the E39 M5 or sports pkg with the deep dish, or the e46 M3 Comp Pkg.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.