Targa Top Prediction

Will my Supra build date be confirmed just after the MY24 Targa version is announced?

• Total voters

JST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 Subaru LGT, '21 CX-5 Sig, '22 Supra 3.0
I doubt a targa top mkv supra will be a thing.

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Convertibles and Targas are overrated. Not of no value mind you. But overinflated value.

What novice open top drivers may not realize is that the wind shield shields you from much of the open air. You can literally drive with top down and remain perfectly dry in steady rain. Meaning you get no more air than with the windows down. When the top is down you do get more sun. Nice for a while until you have to sit at a red light in 90 degree day with the sun beating you down.

Targa for Supra in 24? Maybe maybe not. But I'm a solid pass. Rather have them redesign the trunk, the woofer zone, or the trunk area. or at least something with the key chain so its not so damn easy to open the trunk on accident. Or more power. Or more colors. Or Android Auto. Or more power. Anything but wasted dollars on a Targa.

swift.mk5

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Supra Premium
A car builder at the LA Auto Show told me he has a MY2025 Targa Top Supra ordered already. I lost his business card at this point, but he owned a massive and crazy car collection he had there on display, and from our 30 min conversation he seemed like a really passionate dude with no reason to lie.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
A car builder at the LA Auto Show told me he has a MY2025 Targa Top Supra ordered already. I lost his business card at this point, but he owned a massive and crazy car collection he had there on display, and from our 30 min conversation he seemed like a really passionate dude with no reason to lie.
Was he part of the West Coast Customs section?

MattPhantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
If you find his card, ask him if he wants to buy some magic beans too

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Meaning you get no more air than with the windows down. When the top is down you do get more sun. Nice for a while until you have to sit at a red light in 90 degree day with the sun beating you down.
While I’d be happy to have one, I do not think a targa will be a thing.

Also, I only enjoyed my convertible (and sunroof currently) at night. Dropping the top was not for more exposure to wind, but for more noise and for the feeling of being more outside. I laugh at those baking in the sun (especially here in FL) with the top dropped, but to each their own.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
I would love a Targa, there was two things that would entice me to buy an A90.

1.) Targa Top
2.) A91 Refraction Blue

#2 ultimately got me to get one but would gladly trade it in for a Targa top. I had an ND1 Miata RF for 3 years prior to trading it in for the Supra and being in California (Bay Area), there was barely a day where i didn't have my top down. Understandably, Texas and Florida, the sun and heat are a bit harsher but here in California, it was perfect Targa/Convertible weather. Every so often, i regret trading in the Miata...

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Also, I only enjoyed my convertible (and sunroof currently) at night. Dropping the top was not for more exposure to wind, but for more noise and for the feeling of being more outside. I laugh at those baking in the sun (especially here in FL) with the top dropped, but to each their own.
I actually agree. I've never owned a convertible but have driven one on holiday a few times and getting sunburned wasn't in the handbook! I think it's just a nice option to have and between sunroof, convertible and targa, I think for me, the targa hits the spot.