Teach me race seats

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Turns out I am just going to ditch my Sparco side mount and sliders for a simpler, safer, and better mounting option. I was going to simply mount my Sparco side mount directly to my Doteki seat rail bracket, but the holes didn't line up, followed by it being impossible to screw in the rear screws into the bracket due to the seat being too low and in a hard to reach place.

The seats I am using are the Sparco QRT-C Performance with a bolt-to-bolt width of 430mm. I am also about 5'9 though someone who is 6 ft would need to be able to drive it as well.

Ideally, I would like to be about 1.5-2 inches away from the back (like the photos attached). Not super close like some guys do. Or is that just difficult and the only way to easily achieve that would be with sliders?

Thank you!
You should try the Recaro Japan ā€œbase frameā€ kit, itā€™s a slider with all the base mounts attached. The mounts also have the brackets (seat belt receptacle bracket shown in pic attached) to swap over your oem seat belt hardware. Recaro kit includes an airbag bypass(didnā€™t use), all the hardware you need (bolts, spacers, washers). Also no need to worry about play/slop, like you would with the sparco/universal sliders are known to have.

Install was a direct swap for me, just bolt the side mounts/seats to the Recaro unit and it dropped right in. I didnā€™t have to install/uninstall a bunch of times to get things setup/aligned like you would with the traditional milled base mounts.

912B216C-6BDE-47A8-A065-F3FAAD704B4F.png

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
Where did you get the base frame kit?

table

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 MKV Supra 3.0 Premium | Nitro Yellow
You should try the Recaro Japan ā€œbase frameā€ kit, itā€™s a slider with all the base mounts attached. The mounts also have the brackets (seat belt receptacle bracket shown in pic attached) to swap over your oem seat belt hardware. Recaro kit includes an airbag bypass(didnā€™t use), all the hardware you need (bolts, spacers, washers). Also no need to worry about play/slop, like you would with the sparco/universal sliders are known to have.

Install was a direct swap for me, just bolt the side mounts/seats to the Recaro unit and it dropped right in. I didnā€™t have to install/uninstall a bunch of times to get things setup/aligned like you would with the traditional milled base mounts.

912B216C-6BDE-47A8-A065-F3FAAD704B4F.png
Thank you for the recommendation. I ultimately went with PCI bracket and slider. I am mad at myself for not doing this the first time around. Live and learn I suppose.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

Yli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Are there any seats that retain some 'comfort features' but still allow a 6pt harness when tracking? Looking at the Recaro Sportster CS/GT, the CS doesn't support a 5/6pt belt, and the GT doesn't have heat :(

Ideally, I'd like heat and a non-fixed back. 6pt and 3pt support.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Are there any seats that retain some 'comfort features' but still allow a 6pt harness when tracking? Looking at the Recaro Sportster CS/GT, the CS doesn't support a 5/6pt belt, and the GT doesn't have heat :(

Ideally, I'd like heat and a non-fixed back. 6pt and 3pt support.
Many! Try them out. I dunno about heated though.

Iā€™m going to say it. It freaks out a few peeps on hereā€¦ go to a race shop šŸ˜± šŸ˜‚ They should have lots. If not a big warehouse like Summit in GA is fantastic as well. The wife and I would stop by and look at all the šŸ’©, back in the day when we had a dedicated track car.
Sponsored