Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata

No, not head to head. But still...
You probably don't want to dump your Supra for one of these, just yet. ;)
Sponsored

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
I wouldn't discount the fact that Tesla just got into the biz fairly recently. Dare I say most of the manufacturers started building commuters before they got into performance cars. Who knows what a decade could bring?

40421075263_f8b784384c_b.jpg

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
I wouldn't discount the fact that Tesla just got into the biz fairly recently. Dare I say most of the manufacturers started building commuters before they got into performance cars. Who knows what a decade could bring?

40421075263_f8b784384c_b.jpg
Well... that's not entirely true... companies like Porsche, Ferrari, Jag and even Tesla started by making sports cars (most of them branched out to commuters unfortunately).
Have you forgotten the first Tesla roadster? it was very fast when it came out over 10 years ago and is still fast even by today's standards.. 4,4sec 0-60 is really not bad given it came out in 2008 ;)

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
Supra > Tesla
I worked for Tesla for a decade and i would not recommend the car if you're a person who loves cars. The quality issues would bug any person who actually love their cars.

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
Well... that's not entirely true... companies like Porsche, Ferrari, Jag and even Tesla started by making sports cars (most of them branched out to commuters unfortunately).
Have you forgotten the first Tesla roadster? it was very fast when it came out over 10 years ago and is still fast even by today's standards.. 4,4sec 0-60 is really not bad given it came out in 2008 ;)
Yeah, we can agree to that. Although Porsche was a derivative of Volkswagen. Nonetheless, all of them made pretty interesting cars :thumbsup:

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
In fairness, any car with 1,000 hp needs really good brakes. I think Tesla put adequate brakes on the Plaid for regular street use. For the track, they definitely need some upgrades.

Let's keep in mind that we're talking about a sedan that can approach 160 mph in just 1/4 of a mile distance and can go on to hit 200 mph. And this is a HEAVY car. So yeah, brakes need to be up to the task.

By comparison, the Supra is an absolutely lightweight and pushes what? Maybe 115 mph in a 1/4 mile?

UCLAKoolman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
$130k+ for a car with terrible brakes and shoddy interior fitment/finish. I'm doing ok but I don't have that kind of disposable income yet. I live in a pretty rural area too and haven't figured out how I could fit an EV into my lifestyle. Lots of empty, twisty roads nearby for my Supra to chew up

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I would not even know where to begin comparing these two cars.
With these two I would start at the top with the chairman of the company.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
Thread resurrection right here
Sponsored