tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The comparison plots of 2020 vs 2021 are most likely going to be very similar to the comparison done awhile ago between the Z4 and 2020 Supra...

z4 vs 2020.jpg

Which align fairly closely with the comparison table Toyota released...

2020 vs 2021.jpg

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

anotherbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
s2000
i say cheers to toyota for continuing improvements to the vehicle.

What would you have, Toyota buy back your vehicle? Or maybe they should just freeze the car never to be improved again.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Mm
i say cheers to toyota for continuing improvements to the vehicle.

What would you have, Toyota buy back your vehicle? Or maybe they should just freeze the car never to be improved again.
another non Supra owner. Lmao. This forum is getting to be tons of non-A90 trolls...

Gotfuzz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Mustang GT , multiple RX8's , possible 2021 Supra
Oh man, some of you must've not heard of the 2010 mustang GT to 2011 Mustang GT debacle. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, and it definitely won't be the last.

But I don't think it's really as bad as some are making it out to be, I can understand people getting flustered over the depreciation thing, but we all know cars aren't an investment, you bought the car cause you like it (Hopefully) so just drive it and have fun with it.

The more I think about it the 2010-2011 GT engine change is far worse than this Supra one.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man, some of you must've not heard of the 2010 mustang GT to 2011 Mustang GT debacle. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, and it definitely won't be the last.

But I don't think it's really as bad as some are making it out to be, I can understand people getting flustered over the depreciation thing, but we all know cars aren't an investment, you bought the car cause you like it (Hopefully) so just drive it and have fun with it.

The more I think about it the 2010-2011 GT engine change is far worse than this Supra one.
Is that the modular to coyote? Iā€™d have to agree that was probably the worst engine swap someone could have. Atleast in this case itā€™s still the exact same engine with interchangeable parts.

Gotfuzz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Mustang GT , multiple RX8's , possible 2021 Supra
Is that the modular to coyote? Iā€™d have to agree that was probably the worst engine swap someone could have. Atleast in this case itā€™s still the exact same engine with interchangeable parts.
Yep that was the change from the 4.6L dual overhead cam engine making 315hp to the 5.0L Quad overhead cam engine making 420hp.

It also had a different (I consider better) manual transmission, and also had the unarguable better 6R80 automatic transmission.

Coyote guys often make fun of 3V guys, and 3V guys were hugely pissed when they bought a 2010 mustang and then the 2011 came out with the same body with a much better drivetrain and an engine making 100 more HP

Last edited:

lowlife

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2004 VW R32
Meh, no need to get upset. This happens with almost every "hot" car out there. In addition to the Mustang example above from the 10-11. Late MKV GTIs went from the FSI engine to the TSI engine. Also Toyota has done this very thing before with the FJcruiser which had a ton of yearly updates that significantly affected the values in the resale market.

It is what it is, if you care that much about depreciation you'd wait a few years and buy a Supra on CPO. No one is owed anything.
Sponsored