The A70TTR Dedication Thread!

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Most likely yes, as it will be a very specific car for a very specific buyer in a niche that is already shrinking.
To your knowledge, the success of this car will lead to a A100 correct?
Sponsored

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Way too early to say, but if it makes Akio happy then yes.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh, that reminds me, I know I asked a lot. Considering Tada had to fight very hard against Toyota to get the car he wanted, can you give us an example either car form or in words what could have been had Tada been denied everything he requested? Would it be that specs listed as a leak from Guff?

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
that's a loaded question for sure lol
My questions are more stream of conscious than a regular one. Let me rephrase it.

Had Tada not been the chief engineer, what would you imagine TMC slapping a supra badge on?

EDIT:

Never mind, took Loaded as in filled with several questions to answer, not the way it is defined in logic.

forget the question entirely.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, that reminds me, I know I asked a lot. Considering Tada had to fight very hard against Toyota to get the car he wanted, can you give us an example either car form or in words what could have been had Tada been denied everything he requested? Would it be that specs listed as a leak from Guff?
Honestly its hard to say to be honest. I'm speaking for myself, but I'm sure even A70 isn't privy to the exact points of contention that Tada-san has had to fight the board on throughout the process. It's been 7 long years of development and there are dozens of different roads that this project could have gone.

If I were to guess, I would have imagined Toyota would have tried to repurpose the RC platform in some way. Considering what a hodgepodge of a platform that already was, I can only imagine what a strange car it would have been. Maybe we'll know more about the early days of development and the various ideologies when we get a chance to sit down with Tada-San later on.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honestly its hard to say to be honest. I'm speaking for myself, but I'm sure even A70 isn't privy to the exact points of contention that Tada-san has had to fight the board on throughout the process. It's been 7 long years of development and there are dozens of different roads that this project could have gone.

If I were to guess, I would have imagined Toyota would have tried to repurpose the RC platform in some way. Considering what a hodgepodge of a platform that already was, I can only imagine what a strange car it would have been. Maybe we'll know more about the early days of development and the various ideologies when we get a chance to sit down with Tada-San later on.
My god.

I don't mind the rcf but I can only see Toyota making it a 30-35(k vehicle at 3500 lbs. And while it would be a nice upscale coupe, it isn't a sports car.

The fact there's this much bitching at a 4 cylinder supra makes me think Toyota would never let this shit go through the boards, even if they wouldn't buy it.

Imagine the motor was a v6?

:rofl:

AZSupra

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
My god.

I don't mind the rcf but I can only see Toyota making it a 30-35(k vehicle at 3500 lbs. And while it would be a nice upscale coupe, it isn't a sports car.

The fact there's this much bitching at a 4 cylinder supra makes me think Toyota would never let this shit go through the boards, even if they wouldn't buy it.

Imagine the motor was a v6?

:rofl:

Porsche is hearing about it daily with the Cayman

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
But Cayman is tbe better car no? The 911 is amazing but I am hearing the cayman gts or gt4 beats the 911 gt3 by 100k
Maybe the base 911 but I donā€™t think the gts or gt4 can hold a candle to the gt3

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maybe the base 911 but I donā€™t think the gts or gt4 can hold a candle to the gt3
Motortrend had a best car segment.

The cayman gt4 was number 2 jn 2015 and the 911 Carrera s was number 3 in 2016. Misremembered

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
A70... now that you work for Lexus.. I have a question. Hehe.

Last week I picked up a GX460 and I absolutely love it. Wondering if Lexus has any plans to refresh it or even drop it in the near future now that the RX350L (7pass) is around.

Itā€™s (GX460) corporate cousin LC Parado got a full on update last year but we havenā€™t seen anything here since 2014. So wondering whatā€™s the fate of this truck.

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I think GX was on track for a refresh in 2019 iirc, but I havent seen or heard anything else internally. the 4 Runner was supposed to get an update this year or last (cant remember) and it never happened, so Toyota is a little behind on schedules.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
I think GX was on track for a refresh in 2019 iirc, but I havent seen or heard anything else internally. the 4 Runner was supposed to get an update this year or last (cant remember) and it never happened, so Toyota is a little behind on schedules.
Thank you sir.. 2019 T4R is still the same. Wondering if I did the right thing buying a 18 GX last week. Do absolutely love it..

Seems like 19 GX will be the same.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Imagine a sports car with everything Toyota USA wanted is probably the best way to answer that question
Sponsored