The A70TTR Dedication Thread!

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Yes, BMW has been utilizing direct injection on their 3.0L turbo engines since the N54 (back in 2006).

The big question is if the Supra engine will be utilizing its D4S dual injection system (port and direction injection) as this fuel system has been key with preventing carbon build up on the Lexus engines that incorporate this technology (as well as the FA20 used for the 86 twins).
The B58 has water injection to prevent that

Edit: I mispoke, it has a revised PCV system with upcoming models to have water injection
Sponsored

Last edited:

mande110

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
na
Do you have anymore information you can say about the suspension system? I heard it's active, but can also lower itself 7mm in sport mode. Any details on how that works, that you can share?

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I wasn't specifically told how much it can lower itself or by what modes (was only given a range), so that's pretty cool if that's reliable information. I do know how the system works, but I can't give away that information.

Nurburgring

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 Turbo, M3 E46, Turbocharged NA Miata, S2000, Mazda FC3S & FD3S, EP91 Starlet, EK9 Type R, EG6 Sir2, AE86, 3SGE AE86, Evo7RS, F3 race car
So it`s not BMW`s off the shelf "adaptive suspension", since that has no height adjustment that I know of? Also that could help explain the low CoG.

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
That's a nice feature. I hope KW builds some upgrade suspension that supports this

Nurburgring

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 Turbo, M3 E46, Turbocharged NA Miata, S2000, Mazda FC3S & FD3S, EP91 Starlet, EK9 Type R, EG6 Sir2, AE86, 3SGE AE86, Evo7RS, F3 race car
I do recall reading that the Z4's M sport suspension is active as well and lowered 10mm.
It`s lowered 10mm compared to the non-adaptive version, but it has no ride height change itself. Probably similar for the Supra.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
It`s lowered 10mm compared to the non-adaptive version, but it has no ride height change itself. Probably similar for the Supra.
I believe this is what it will be as well. These are adaptive dampers with standard springs, not air suspension. The 7mm lower is compared to the basic suspension option I believe.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I believe this is what it will be as well. These are adaptive dampers with standard springs, not air suspension. The 7mm lower is compared to the basic suspension option I believe.
The first video in the second post in the "Reviews are in for 2020 Supra MKV preproduction car. " about 9:50 in talks about it lowering itself 7mm when required

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
The first video in the second post in the "Reviews are in for 2020 Supra MKV preproduction car. " about 9:50 in talks about it lowering itself 7mm when required
:dunno:

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
@A70TTR ... so here are my thoughts.

Toyota is opening up the order banks this October to really gauge initial interest to justify to higher ups that they should do other variants of the car? I.e manual, race version etc.

What are your thoughts in opening up the order banks prior to even releasing the entire spec sheet.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
@A70TTR - Not sure if you can even speak to this, But I've seen consistent reviews pertaining to the lack of/or disappointment in the Brake setup for the Supra. Is this something Toyota will assess and potentially adjust? Or are we stuck with what we've seen so far?

OP
OP

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
@A70TTR ... so here are my thoughts.

Toyota is opening up the order banks this October to really gauge initial interest to justify to higher ups that they should do other variants of the car? I.e manual, race version etc.

What are your thoughts in opening up the order banks prior to even releasing the entire spec sheet.
Not sure if you follow tech closely, but this is becoming more common as of late, and while it's annoying companies have found that if enough hype exists they can't get away with it.

That said, I'm not sure that really applies here or what their strategy is.

@A70TTR - Not sure if you can even speak to this, But I've seen consistent reviews pertaining to the lack of/or disappointment in the Brake setup for the Supra. Is this something Toyota will assess and potentially adjust? Or are we stuck with what we've seen so far?
It was probably due to all the journalists beating the hell out of the car back to back. If I was the ream on site, I'd be changing pads after a few runs.

If there was genuine issues however, then it should be addressed (unlikely due to all the track testing on the 'Ring).