The All-New GR Corolla World Premiere April 1, 2022

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I don’t know… To me a 300hp 3-cylinder AWD 5 seater hatchback that shares a lot of its components with an entry-level (albeit a great entry-level) car is hard to compare to a ~400hp inline-6 RWD 2 seater coupe with a BMW-level interior.
Yeah, this. The Venn diagram of people that want a GR Corolla and Supra is absolutely not a circle.
Sponsored

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Am I the only one here who has never really liked hatchbacks, nor hot hatches? I appreciate them, think they’re necessary.. add variety, etc but I’ve never liked how they look. I never grew up wanting a hot hatch.
I dunno.
Still an awesome car though

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Am I the only one here who has never really liked hatchbacks, nor hot hatches? I appreciate them, think they’re necessary.. add variety, etc but I’ve never liked how they look. I never grew up wanting a hot hatch.
I dunno.

Yeah, me neither. Never got the race boy scene i guess. Not knocking it- I either want a sports car 2 seater or when i needed 4 doors (not now thank goodness) a m3 or m5 type sports sedan.

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
Honestly very impressed with the stats of the GR Corolla. AWD + 300HP + 3300 lbs sounds like a lot of fun. That GR logo steering wheel looks better than what’s offered in our MKVs.

Kmj442

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 RDX, '12 Cooper S
I love hatches, especially AWD hot hatches...even wagons. I loved the old WRX "5-door", Golf R, GTI, etc... but I get they are not for everyone. I just like the slightly added utility over sedans and I think they look better in most cases than their sedan counterparts.

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
Am I the only one here who has never really liked hatchbacks, nor hot hatches? I
I dunno.
Same. Never been a huge fan of hatches - except the EK civic hatch back in the 90s (that looked cool as hell to me back in high school)…. but after having kids I can understand the practicality of having one.

I’m just impressed that a sporty ICE hatch is even being produced in 2022… by Toyota of all companies.

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
The good news is that the GR Corolla "Core" model has all the most important options including the dual Torsen LSDs.

From the video presentation it looks like sourcing OEM or aftermarket parts from the "Circuit" model will be possible (front and rear bumpers, aluminum or aftermarket CF hood with vents, different spoiler).

It should be possible to buy a "Core" GR Corolla with the dual LSD option and then change a few external cosmetic parts to convert it into a "Circuit" edition yourself.
Not factory= not the same

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
The only kind of hatchbacks that I don't like are the ones that look like box on wheels(I'm looking at you, VW Golf), good thing the Corolla hatchback isn't like that.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 335i, '23 Kona N
I dunno.
Same here. I was into Nissan and Honda cars when I was younger and never really cared for this style of hatchback. I think all the racing games and Top Gear have helped them grow on me over the years. Certain ones I absolutely love now. If you want the benefits of a hatch, a manual transmission, and something that's still really fun to drive then this is the way to go to me. Hopefully I can pick one up as a daily and for vacation.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I will be waiting for the DCT version to come out before I get one. Maybe no one will want it and can get it below sticker! I need a 4 door auto DD back in my life. I must be getting old.

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
I will be waiting for the DCT version to come out before I get one. Maybe no one will want it and can get it below sticker! I need a 4 door auto DD back in my life. I must be getting old.
Might happen may not to be honest. I'm trying to get a Circuit Pack currently once dealer opens allocation probably just flip.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
They built the STi instead of Subaru. Not sure why Id sell a Supra unless lacking room. Fuel economy?

" I drive a Corolla" - is something you say in your 20s lol. Needs black wheels??? lol :)

Maybe I will test it.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Might happen may not to be honest. I'm trying to get a Circuit Pack currently once dealer opens allocation probably just flip.
I may try to pick up a Circuit Pack to just to hold me over and hope that a DCT will come out. Hoping they keep the price tag around $35k for the Circuit and if so, I will put my deposit in.
Sponsored