Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
8valve D15 with a electric motor and a 3spd auto sounds interesting...

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
Wonder why SOHC? DOHC is superior in so many ways.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Either Toyota has found some tech to make the ZF8 shift and rev quickly through the gears that mid 300 HP feels enough and faster than the figures suggest, the pricing is incorrect, or A70's contact isn't giving him the final picture regarding power figures.

It already is a fast shifter

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
Wake me up when something interesting is released.....zzZz...

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wake me up when something interesting is released.....zzZz...
Stay up, lots of other interesting things are happening. Even when this car comes out it’ll be meh just like the Z4. Look ok, nothing spectacular.. perform ok.. nothing out of the world.

In terms of interesting stuff.. here is what you need to stay up for..
1) Shelby GT500
2) mid engined Corvette
3) Bronco

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not gon lie,

That corvette Zora looks fucking nuts. I never liked the Corvette designed and like the curves and design of the NSX more.

But that C8 is ridiculous.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ It makes me really wonder if by the time Toyota FINALLY decides to pull the camo off and really spill the beans on what the heart is, will Chevy steal the spot light by releasing the mid engine Corvette (or w/e they name it) the way the Ford GT stole the spot light from the NSX debut :hmm:

That mid engine Corvette has caught my interest though and I gotta say I'm more excited about that than I am about the Supra right now.

OP
OP
supraboi

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
I don't mean to get off topic, but look wise the Z4 is just ok and here is why. BMW couldn't even keep the shape of the lights the same as the concept. Unlike with the Supra the shape of the lights are pretty much spot on to the FT1. Also I'm not feeling the grille. They should have just kept the vertical lines instead of going with the Kia knock off grille. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Lastly, BMW fans hate the hoodline. If BMW had intended for it to be higher than they should have done so on the concept instead of getting people's hopes up.

Now the upcoming Chevy Zora looks very promising. However I feel that it is going to be expensive. Like around the $100k range. :(

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
^ It makes me really wonder if by the time Toyota FINALLY decides to pull the camo off and really spill the beans on what the heart is, will Chevy steal the spot light by releasing the mid engine Corvette (or w/e they name it) the way the Ford GT stole the spot light from the NSX debut :hmm:

That mid engine Corvette has caught my interest though and I gotta say I'm more excited about that than I am about the Supra right now.
Yup.. If Toyota decides to show its toy from BMW at NAIAS.. it’ll be a disaster as GM will be stealing the show with the mid engined vette of some sort.

NSX was doomed right from its debut.. lol

At least Honda didn’t try to save a penny to build its halo car.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Neither did Toyota, LFA anyone? Now they're building a real car for the masses. Which is something GM might be stepping away from with the next vette and would be unfortunate.

About that price (72k), it will be dictated by the Euro to Yen exchange rate, we have to worry about the Euro to USD or CDN.

Why are you guys obsessing over what the heart of the new supra is. We already know, the question of how much power they give us out of the box is all that's left to answer, and frankly isn't that big of a deal. It will be somewhere between 340 and 400hp, until you slap some mods on it. As long as it has enough merits as a total package to justify whatever it costs (50-70k apparently). Seeing some official announcements about the block and head would certainly be nice though.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Neither did Toyota, LFA anyone? Now they're building a real car for the masses. Which is something GM might be stepping away from with the next vette and would be unfortunate.

About that price (72k), it will be dictated by the Euro to Yen exchange rate, we have to worry about the Euro to USD or CDN.

Why are you guys obsessing over what the heart of the new supra is. We already know, the question of how much power they give us out of the box is all that's left to answer, and frankly isn't that big of a deal. It will be somewhere between 340 and 400hp, until you slap some mods on it. As long as it has enough merits as a total package to justify whatever it costs (50-70k apparently). Seeing some official announcements about the block and head would certainly be nice though.
All we know is 7400 redline on the tachometer
Sponsored