The MKIV vs MKV Thread

For those with mkiv's, will you be selling yours to get a mkv?

• Total voters

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
If you thought the MKIII to MKIV comparison debates were entertaining on SF get ready. The MKIV to MKV threads are going to be on a whole different level.

source.gif
Only Supraforum members will truly understand this... I wonder if they will even start a MKV subsection on supraforums hahaha.
Sponsored

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I never truly appreciated what actual elitist assholes were until I joined SF and saw how many mkiv owners viewed the world... That's not to say all are bad (certainly not), and these days I actually think it's gotten much better, but man back in the day O_O

I've been around NSX and GTR owners quite a bit too in my time and I always felt that mindset was far less prevalent, but maybe that's just my experience lol.

I dont have my JZA80 anymore, as I sold it to buy my ST205, but I do miss the car for the interior. Other than that, I'm good with the A70s and the GT4. Might try to pick up a '02 RZ if I don't buy the A90 though.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
I never truly appreciated what actual elitist assholes were until I joined SF and saw how many mkiv owners viewed the world... That's not to say all are bad (certainly not), and these days I actually think it's gotten much better, but man back in the day O_O

I've been around NSX and GTR owners quite a bit too in my time and I always felt that mindset was far less prevalent, but maybe that's just my experience lol.

I dont have my JZA80 anymore, as I sold it to buy my ST205, but I do miss the car for the interior. Other than that, I'm good with the A70s and the GT4. Might try to pick up a '02 RZ if I don't buy the A90 though.

Couldn't agree more. Back when I had my first MKIV Supra and was cruising Supraforums, the elitist attitude is crazy. I had a RHD car, and that was so frowned upon. Let alone the MKIII guys. Of course not everyone. But there are a lot of assholes on that forum

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
oh yeah, I totally forgot about the RHD vs LHD thing. I wonder if that's still a thing? lol

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
If you want to talk about gen to gen dick slapping, SF is a walk in the park. lol

You want talk about some of the finest and elitist snobs, Porsche 911 owners. lol I own a 911 but I'm far from a elitist snob. My father never owned a Porsche but owned a lot of Toyotas so I was on the outside looking in. The whole "air cooled vs water cooled" , every gen falls under the "last of the...", Turbo is the best, the Carreras are all turbos so now NA is the best, "4S AWD vs S RWD", "SWB vs LWB", "NB vs WB", "GT3 vs GT3RS", dealers flipping for premiums.

I thought VW Vortex and Nasioc were up there too but Rennlist has some funny threads.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase

GTR owners are NOTHING like the majority of MKIV owners....at least from my experience. Every GTR owner I have met in person and on forums has been very helpful without being cocky about their generation of GTR....even though some of their cars are top dawgs in the GTR arena (Tony P.). The R35 owners don’t point their noses up at R34, R33, and R32 owners....or any which way. In the GTR community, a GTR is a GTR!

MKIV owners are a special breed of enthusiasts...unlike anything else out there. This unfortunately is what people are paying top dollar for, to experience that “I think im better than you because I have a MKIV Supra” high....towards anyone....even other gen Supra owners. This is certainly not every single MKIV owner, but damn near close to all. This is why I am super excited about the MKV and what it will be capable of ;).

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
BITD Supraforums was certainly not a place for people with thin skin, or otherwise lacking the wits or horsepower to do 'battle'. The arrogance that permeated the air was not baseless, though -- it was largely grounded in real-world performance and accomplishments. The MKIV Supra was still arguably the king of the streets, shops and privateers consistently setting and re-setting 1/4 mile and standing mile records, 1000+ WHP dynos, racing and beating liter bikes, all of the TX2K Supra vs, world videos, etc.. Those were the attributes that made the Supra famous and desirable, not some B-movie, FWIW. In those years the general perception was the Supra was the car everyone wanted to beat, or to buy. While a few actually and rightfully earned the arrogance, many were happy to inherit it; not unlike cheering/arguing/defending your favorite sportsball team when they're on top.

MKIV owners are a special breed of enthusiasts...unlike anything else out there. This unfortunately is what people are paying top dollar for, to experience that “I think im better than you because I have a MKIV Supra” high....towards anyone....even other gen Supra owners. This is certainly not every single MKIV owner, but damn near close to all. This is why I am super excited about the MKV and what it will be capable of ;).

Wow... Interesting and eye-opening bit of conjecture you're asserting here. Seems you've formulated a myopic opinion based on a few superficial interactions and not actual and tangible involvement/observation with the 'community' at large. Silly statements like that bring credibility in question, IMO.

Supra Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supras
https://goo.gl/images/8iN4mW

Wow... Interesting and eye-opening bit of conjecture you're asserting here. Seems you've formulated a myopic opinion based on a few superficial interactions and not actual and tangible involvement/observation with the 'community' at large. Silly statements like that bring credibility in question, IMO.
Called it a few pages back, the guy is just trying to stir the pot...

SupraStew85

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1985 Supra (1jz vvti swap incoming) 2004 V8 4Runner
Now if y'all want to see some shit some shit on either the supra forums or even supra meets... try having an mk2 lol. Its the automotive equivalent of having the smallest weiner at the local brothel.

Last edited:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What did I say about using big words!?!?! Huh!?!?! I am telling you, you are going to hurt yourself.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Called it a few pages back, the guy is just trying to stir the pot...
giphy.gif

$100 says he will no longer exist on this forum by his 30th post....anyone care to bet?
Sponsored